Notices

well just got my h&R sports springs today...

Old 07-03-2002, 09:37 AM
integra-boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well just got my h&R sports springs today...

just got my h&R sports springs today for my 2000 gsr. peace:thumbup: For the time being, I'm going to use my stock shocks. If the ride is ****, or if my shocks blow I guess I'll pick up some koni's. Ideally I'd like to get koni yellows but I may only have enough for the reds? are the reds even worth getting? will they being able to take the drop? Also, will a camber kit be necessary at all? I heard technically no, but then some people say otherwise?
Old 07-03-2002, 11:27 AM
MiKrofT

I'm using H&R sport and they say camber kit isn't necessary. rear camber can be corected with a few washers. front can only be corrected with a camber kit.
Old 07-03-2002, 11:35 AM
Excelesor
Platinum Member

i don't think a chamber kit will be nessecary, just get your car aligned after you lower it asap
Old 07-03-2002, 01:08 PM
UpStateGS

I was told the same thing but when I lowered my '97 GS with H&R sports I needed a camber kit up front...

Also had to chisle off a bit of the upper control arms so they wouldn't hit the inside fender wells.

Either way I love them...
Old 07-03-2002, 01:10 PM
b18cya
uh, no u suck

i've got the same setup w/ stock shocks, & the ride isnt that bad...im goin in to install the camber kit & get an alignment tonight
Old 07-03-2002, 04:27 PM
nevets
WAAAGH!!

ive got koni reds with progress springs. since my drop is a lil lower the ride is a bit soft with the reds. the reds are adjustable, but i have to take them off the car to adjust them. and i just dont have the time right now to do that. if i were you, id save up for yellows.
Old 07-03-2002, 04:40 PM
Tobra

If I keep this car, it will get H&R OEM Sports and the KYB AGX. Want to be flexible and not too low. Bad thing about the stock shocks is they will wear out and you will have to do it again. Do it once and do it right, if you can't afford it, wait
Old 07-03-2002, 07:00 PM
integra-boy

Originally posted by Excelesor
i don't think a chamber kit will be nessecary, just get your car aligned after you lower it asap
why do you say to get the alignment asap? isn't better to wait a week or two for everything to settle? also, will I need to get another aligment when I switch shocks later on down the road? I mean, the height will be more or less the same so will another alignment be necessary? thanks.
Old 07-03-2002, 10:57 PM
Excelesor
Platinum Member

i didn't mean like do it the next day, i meant like don't put it off like a few months like I did, but I was getting new tires anyways so it didn't matter. When I saw my old tire, its was really mess up and its tire wear was all messed up and I only had a 1.3 inch drop. Any time you do anything with your suspension you should get your alignment done.
Old 07-05-2002, 07:30 AM
UVAzN

I've had the Sports for almost a year now (13k miles) and the ride is still perfect with stock shocks. But my car was pretty much brand new when I put them in. You should be fine though.

Quick Reply: well just got my h&R sports springs today...