Notices

Common Integra Problems

Old 05-21-2003, 04:14 PM
ChosenGSR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by DelSolSIinMD
Radiator...although I've heard more around 100-120K than 60-90K. Definitely radiators, though.
Old 05-21-2003, 07:11 PM
pope
black adolescent

i think the radiator issue has to do with frequent/prolonged hard driving.

my friend with an 98 acura 2.3cl had leaked his radiator within 5 months of having his car [used]. he redlined frequently on a daily basis. [probably 5 times a day]

during the time when the radiator was getting fixed, he drove the honda oddessey [the minivan]..... and within the 2 weeks he had the car.... boom another radiator problem. he also redlined this vehicle frequently.
Old 05-21-2003, 07:32 PM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

What it is that Honda uses a metal element with a plastic core.

The plastic core, when exposed to heat changes, expands and contracts at different rates than the metal element. As I understand, the most common problem for Honda radiators is that they crack right along the top where the metal clips over the plastic. At least, that's where mine and every other honda owner's radiator (that I've seen) has failed
Old 05-21-2003, 07:36 PM
integra_blurred
Objects in mirror are loo

yea, true that about the radiator, that's where mine is slowly going bad as well, right at the top. Somebody mentioned that their headlights had a tendency to fog up or get condinsation in them, mine are REALLY bad about that too, anybody have any suggestions as to how to fix the condinsation in the headlight problem?
Old 05-21-2003, 07:40 PM
dom93hatch
more meat, more fire

Originally posted by Epoch

The plastic core, when exposed to heat changes, expands and contracts at different rates than the metal element. As I understand, the most common problem for Honda radiators is that they crack right along the top where the metal clips over the plastic. At least, that's where mine and every other honda owner's radiator (that I've seen) has failed
:werd:

That's where my Civic radiator broke.

I'm still waiting for my Integra's radiator to break though (knock on wood). It's been babied since day 1 so I don't expect it to happen anytime soon.
Old 05-21-2003, 08:11 PM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

On that note, for a cheap radiator replacement, check out radiators.com. I was able to bargain them down to... like $105? Though, I had to have some shop install it for that price (which was like another 100 plus 20 for coolant... that was a rip off). They claim lifetime nationwide warranty though. That, and I had a new radiator within like 6 hours. That was nice.
Old 05-21-2003, 08:17 PM
Skelly_GSR
RB does men

In my 95 gsr, my seat squeaks. Its a leather seat. I thought it was the actual seat until i noticed that it didnt squeak whin i had the seatbelt off. Its actually the part that you plug it in to that rups up against the leather seat
Old 05-21-2003, 08:26 PM
95tegRS

Distributor bearing tend to go also,

Ive had 3 integra's and all three (Gen1, Gen2, Gen3) have all had the bearings Die at bout 120K.

this is A honda design flaw, Most honda's with side mounted Distributors tend to go thru with this. (the bearings dont get oiled like conventional style ones do).
~ this can also be potentially harmful, if you continue to drive, if the bearing seazes, the timing can trip, and valves and pistons can break;
Old 05-22-2003, 05:48 PM
pope
black adolescent

Originally posted by Epoch

yea that's the spot, the hard driving also contributes to it too right?