Notices

Common Integra Problems

Old 05-19-2003, 11:38 PM
Shingoblade-GSR
Hellsing Agency

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1st->2nd gear grinds on a daily basis; it's also getting tougher to get the car into gear (1st and especially reverse). Sometimes I'm forced to start the car in 2nd gear at stoplights.

Shingo
Old 05-20-2003, 01:05 AM
Spec R

Like Shingo said, its a biatch to get into 1st sometimes, and even worse in reverse. Fortunately for me, i'm not grinding like he is...yet. Dont kno if you have an auto or a manual, but if u have auto, this is useless info.

I also have lots of rattles that i didnt realize i had until i drove one of my parents' cars (99 4 runner limited and 03 accord lx v6). I know it has a lot to do with my relatively low/stiff suspension, and the 460 watts RMS going to my JL 12w6, as well as the 50x4 watts RMS going thru front and rear speakers.

My A/C does take a while to get cold, but i doubt this is a common problem since my A/C lines and condenser took some damage when i "crashed" last year.
Old 05-20-2003, 05:51 AM
LT
The deer had to die!

Shingo -

your 99 is already grinding 1st->2nd?? My 94 doesn't do that daily, but only when i slam it into 2nd. That's really weird.

My common problems:
-hatch leaking
-hatch creaking
-splashguard hanging down
-headlight/taillight condensation
-interior rattles
-power windows running slow
Old 05-20-2003, 07:14 AM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

What I do when 1st gear's being a bitch:

1) Shift into neutral, let out the clutch, then shift it back into first. That usually does it for me, but if it doesn't...

2) Shift into second, keep the clutch depressed, then shift into first.

I've been able to reslove all the 1st gear shifting problems I've had that way
Old 05-20-2003, 07:56 AM
DB7 2.0
Banned

getting into 1st gear sucks sometimes...it refuses to let me in like a friggin cockblocker h: :chuckles:

reverse is ok most of the time, but if it gets stuck i just go to 2nd and then back into reverse.

power antenna!!!!!!!!!! :angry: damn that stupid thing

my trunk (i have a sedan) is leaking rain water in bad...i have no clue where its coming in from but dammit, i have to clean it up everytime after it rains....at least i stripped my trunk to make it easier to clean
Old 05-20-2003, 09:16 AM
Shingoblade-GSR
Hellsing Agency

Well, 1st->2nd grinds when I'm shifting pretty hard, but it's also starting to occur when I just try to shift a bit too quickly. Not sure if a bad clutch is to blame.

Shingo
Old 05-20-2003, 09:02 PM
WhiteLitening
I'm like dis'........

if you can't get into reverse, put your car in neutral, let out the clutch, push the clutch back in then put it in reverse. works everytime because it lines up your synchros.
Old 05-20-2003, 10:12 PM
Spec R

Originally posted by WhiteLitening
if you can't get into reverse, put your car in neutral, let out the clutch, push the clutch back in then put it in reverse. works everytime because it lines up your synchros.
Isnt reverse on the same shaft as first, meaning neither have syncrhos? someone prove me right/wrong...but i know for sure 1st doesnt have synchros, to prevent accidental downshifts. i was under the impression that the same principle was applied to reverse.
Old 05-21-2003, 12:42 AM
Level_7

Originally posted by Spec R
Isnt reverse on the same shaft as first, meaning neither have syncrhos? someone prove me right/wrong...but i know for sure 1st doesnt have synchros, to prevent accidental downshifts. i was under the impression that the same principle was applied to reverse.
The GS-R's transmission is synchronized in all 5 forward gears, but not reverse. There's a high speed lock-out to prevent downshifts to first and one for reverse.

My friends Civic was also having problems shifting into reverse from a standing start, but it always seemed to work if you shift to first and into reverse...wierd.
Old 05-21-2003, 12:52 AM
Shingoblade-GSR
Hellsing Agency

Originally posted by Level_7
The GS-R's transmission is synchronized in all 5 forward gears, but not reverse. There's a high speed lock-out to prevent downshifts to first and one for reverse.

My friends Civic was also having problems shifting into reverse from a standing start, but it always seemed to work if you shift to first and into reverse...wierd.
I think the issue with 1st gear is that sometimes the lock-out engages, even when I'm at a full-stop. I've had no trouble downshifting to first when rev-matching; just starting off from a stoplight.

Shingo