Notices

How Many bulbs behind Heater Control?

Old 07-01-2002, 04:09 PM
MartyMarGSR
JRSC GSR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Many bulbs behind Heater Control?

I took out my speedo to replace the 194 bulbs behind it with blue ones. turns out there's 3 bulbs, and packs only come in pairs.
well Im gonna go and buy some more bulbs, and im doing the heater control soon also to match.

I was just wonderin if any of you knew how many 194 bulbs are back behind the heater control, so i dont have to take it apart, and have no heater controls for 2 weeks while waiting for bulbs to ship out and get here.

thanks
Old 07-01-2002, 04:52 PM
integramodder

Ive thought about doing this myself, except I then took apart my mom's clustur and realized that the bulbs were plain bulbs, its the plastic that conveys the light to the speedo and all must be colored or something, cuz mine shines with a slight green-ness to it. I dunno, its only 5 screws to do so maybe Ill do it one day.

As for the AC, my handy dandy Mr. Helm Book says that there are 7 LED's, yes LED's and 2 bulbs in the HEATER/AC control panel. I would assume that the LED's are soldered in, since the life of the LED is about 10 times the life expectancy of the car. The service manul doesnt show how or where they are, just a circut diagram. Good luck and tell me how the spedo bulb change goes.

:thumbup:
Old 07-02-2002, 10:19 PM
MartyMarGSR
JRSC GSR

i did the speedo bulb switch and it looks slick. The blue 194 bulbs i bought at the local auto parts store shine light blue tho. I want more of a brighter blue, so im ordering some LED blue 194 bulbs which will shine brighter in a bluer color.

There were only 3 bulbs to change and it was so easy.

And since I guess u said there's two behind the heater control, i'll replace those with the same bulbs also.

Oh and with the 7 LED's, those are behind each button on the heater control.
U have to solder new LED's in. A friend of mine put in blue LEDs in his accord and soldered em all in and it looks slick, but takes a lot of time.

Well im doin it, so I'll post some pics up in like a week or two once I get my bulbs from online and their in.
Old 07-03-2002, 06:17 AM
integramodder

where are you getting the LED type 194 bulbs from?

I want to get a very light blue coated bulb so that it shines very while, Im trying to achieve the look mercedes has in its S class. it looks almost flourescent like.
Old 07-03-2002, 07:36 AM
Kaiz

Originally posted by integramodder
where are you getting the LED type 194 bulbs from?

I want to get a very light blue coated bulb so that it shines very while, Im trying to achieve the look mercedes has in its S class. it looks almost flourescent like.
www.autodynamic.com has some.
Old 07-03-2002, 07:40 AM
1funride
99 Integra LS

Originally posted by MartyMarGSR
i did the speedo bulb switch and it looks slick. The blue 194 bulbs i bought at the local auto parts store shine light blue tho. I want more of a brighter blue, so im ordering some LED blue 194 bulbs which will shine brighter in a bluer color.

There were only 3 bulbs to change and it was so easy.

And since I guess u said there's two behind the heater control, i'll replace those with the same bulbs also.

Oh and with the 7 LED's, those are behind each button on the heater control.
U have to solder new LED's in. A friend of mine put in blue LEDs in his accord and soldered em all in and it looks slick, but takes a lot of time.

Well im doin it, so I'll post some pics up in like a week or two once I get my bulbs from online and their in.
got pics?
Old 07-03-2002, 08:11 AM
integramodder

Originally posted by Kaiz

www.autodynamic.com has some.

194/168 White Push-in LED Bulb *PAIR*
Product ID: 194-168-LED-White

Description: OptiBlue Small Push-in LED Bulb *PAIR* 12 Volts 5 Watts to 10 Watts Output
click here for color view

this is very purty.... are these the same size as the three behind the cluster?
Old 07-03-2002, 11:44 PM
MartyMarGSR
JRSC GSR

yea, i ordered those in blue.
found em on ebay for $6.99 a pair, and i ordered 3 pairs which will cover my speedo and heater controls.
Old 07-04-2002, 09:58 AM
1funride
99 Integra LS

Originally posted by MartyMarGSR
yea, i ordered those in blue.
found em on ebay for $6.99 a pair, and i ordered 3 pairs which will cover my speedo and heater controls.
how do you like em? can you get any pics with them installed? just wondering...i'm thinking of doing the same.
Old 07-05-2002, 03:46 PM
integramodder

Originally posted by 1funride

how do you like em? can you get any pics with them installed? just wondering...i'm thinking of doing the same.

yeas...what he said, please get some pics, id like to either get the blue or the white...still debating, you will help me settle my worries.

take BEFORE AND AFTER pics

Thanks

Quick Reply: How Many bulbs behind Heater Control?