Notices

LS TURBO vs. GSR

Old 04-25-2003, 07:40 AM
kalaniocc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newgsrdriver

ok bud, let me know when your engine goes next time you decide to boost at 11 psi. youre the idiot, you dont know your shit, youre just trying to use your pseudointelligence to make stupid claims. we already know a gsr would make more power, we are talking about why the ls engine is safer to boost than a gsr engine. not who is faster. go research or something before you go off using all caps trying to make your point
Old 04-25-2003, 07:41 AM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

Default Re: Re: Re: ha

Originally posted by DVPGSR
I practically wrote this post in my head while reading all the other posts saying one is better than the other without proof!

Damn you Honda_pilot for beating me to posting it!:fawk:

The lower compression on an LS/GS engine is much more boost friendly than the higher compression of the VTEC b18c engines. Not to mention that with a VTEC head you get a lot of blow by with forced induction when VTEC kicks in. From my understanding of VTEC there is a slight overlap on the exhaust and intake cams where the valves on the intake start opening before the valves on the exhaust are closed creating a vacuum sucking in air...with FI this is not needed and alot of air is "blown by" because it is being both pushed and pulled into the piston chamber.

Well said. This is what I have been hearing as well...happy newgsrdriver??

Sorry about beating you to posting it...ummm actually I'm not :chuckles: j/p. :fawk:
Old 04-25-2003, 08:35 AM
JGordon

Default Re: newgsrdriver

Originally posted by kalaniocc
ok bud, let me know when your engine goes next time you decide to boost at 11 psi. youre the idiot
Uhhh.... correct me if I'm wrong, but Newgsrdriver does boost.
At 10 psi.
All day long.
On a GSR.
With a JRSC, which if anything, might even be harder to handle on high boost.
Old 04-25-2003, 08:42 AM
ur31337
Colby

Man, if Shingo & Nick (newgsrdriver) weren't here, this thread would have gone to hell a long time ago.

All I see is a bunch of ignorant people talking about what they've read, arguing with two people that know firsthand. h:
Old 04-25-2003, 09:02 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally posted by ur31337
Man, if Shingo & Nick (newgsrdriver) weren't here, this thread would have gone to hell a long time ago.

All I see is a bunch of ignorant people talking about what they've read, arguing with two people that know firsthand. h:
Watch who you're calling ignorant Colby:fawk:

There is nothing wrong with boosting a GSR engine, if done properly it will turn out fine. But there are a few advantages an LS engine has that makes it more boost friendly.

But noone has answered the original question. We have just given him our opinions(which he also asked for). What about his request of...

Please give me costs of LS, years, and the cost of turbo + supporting mods.
I do not have a turbo on an LS so unfortunately I am not much help there.
Old 04-25-2003, 09:24 AM
SiR-DC2

What a bunch of stupid people...I'm truely amazed, a GSR engine WILL make more power on a turbo tuned than an LS, the reason you hear about GSRs blowing up is because idiots like ya'll think that the GSR can do 10lbs of boost w/o tuning, tuning is the key, it's been PROVEN trough dynos across the nation that a STOCK B16A w/ boost has ALMOST seen 300 hp at the wheels! show me 1 LS doing that! Tuning is the key to reliability, plus smart owners...I have 5 friends that are boosted, 2 LS Integras, 3 GSR Integras, the GSRs WALK the LSs EVERYTIME!!!
Don't get me wrong, I like the LS but don't downplay a better engine because your jealous or can't afford it and give people wrong veiws on the topic, basically, get a job, buy a GSR for your turboed LS next time it lets go and you'll see the light, but if you don't even own any turboed LS or GSR or even KNOW ANYONE that has one, don't fukin reply, this tread went to shit a long time ago due to newbie tards.
Old 04-25-2003, 09:31 AM
SiR-DC2

http://www.cardomain.com/id/nixonteg
oohhhhh, it's so tight! Newbies talking about turboed GSRs and LSs that drive shit like this! WTF, if your gonna argue w/ people thats been doing this for years (me over 4 years w/ imports) then at least have something decent to talk about.
Old 04-25-2003, 09:37 AM
bengeeee

Wow.....im getting a lot of replys. Thanks guys although i guess there really is no need to argue. If i did decide to go with LS turbo I would definitely do the supporting mods so internals would most likely be swapped out. Let me reask and rephrase my question.

Can anyone suggest how much it might cost to turbo a GS-R safely as compared to doing an LS turbo. I would also like to see what kinds of numbers are possible with both set ups. Im going to do a search as well but i would greatly appreciate any additional replys.

Thanks again,

Ben
Old 04-25-2003, 09:38 AM
SiR-DC2

haha my bro harassing my sis trying to get her beauty sleep
ok this is a list of the stuff ive done to the engine. its an LS engine. **** vtec. i dont need vtec to beat gs-r's and preludes and si's. sorry....

- 2.5" custom mandrel bent midsection
- magnaflow thing
- 4-1 dc sports headers
- 7 lbs. lightened flywheel (thats what ****s em up)
- adjusted timing
- intake
- new spark plugs ooo
- aem pulley kit
- a strut bar so i can pretend i can drift with front wheel drive
- sand, saltwater
- and a picture of my gf+
Even worse his BEST time is a 15.6...BUT FUK VTEC!!!
Sorry to all the other members for my rant but I'm tired of wack ass newbs thinking there ish is superior when this is what the own/say!
Old 04-25-2003, 10:29 AM
HecticRhythms

Originally posted by SiR-DC2
http://www.cardomain.com/id/nixonteg
oohhhhh, it's so tight! Newbies talking about turboed GSRs and LSs that drive shit like this! WTF, if your gonna argue w/ people thats been doing this for years (me over 4 years w/ imports) then at least have something decent to talk about.
LOL wow that is great!!! Nice wing...