Notices

Spring pin necesary?

Old 04-02-2003, 12:39 PM
teg_fan
I like integra's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spring pin necesary?

I'm going to do a short shifter install this weekend, and I know there have been a lot of short shifter threads lately but my question is different. ** In my repair manual, it says while doing shifter work, replace the spring pin that attaches the shift rod to the transaxle. Do I need to do this? If so, where could I get one, at a NAPA? What the hell does this spring pin do? Thanks guys
Old 04-02-2003, 04:11 PM
90'RS

the shift rod attaches to the tranny not the axle. It sounds like your talking about the spring that goes over the spindle of the axle that slides into the tranny but this doesn't get change unless you changing the axles.
Old 04-02-2003, 05:24 PM
teg_fan
I like integra's

There is a rod next to the actual shift rod, they show a picture of it. The exact words are "Use a new spring pin to attach the shift rod to the transaxle". I mean, I would expect there not to be any typo's in a repair manual, but I know what you mean. The actual shift rod does go to the tranny,I know but there is another rod next to it. Anyone know how to decipher this?
Old 04-03-2003, 04:34 PM
90'RS

I know what spring your talking about and I have never heard of having to replace it but if it's worn than I say replace it. Otherwise I would just reuse it. Sounds like my terms are mixed up then but I always thought the transaxle was a name for the drive side axle.
Old 04-04-2003, 04:23 AM
teg_fan
I like integra's

Originally posted by 90'RS
I know what spring your talking about and I have never heard of having to replace it but if it's worn than I say replace it. Otherwise I would just reuse it. Sounds like my terms are mixed up then but I always thought the transaxle was a name for the drive side axle.
cool, thanx