Notices

Need serious help on a decision!

Old 03-30-2003, 06:07 AM
stealthteg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need serious help on a decision!

Ok last night my clutch went on my 95 rs . now i have to get a completely new one! i searched for what people thought of different clutch types, but i would still like all of your personal opinions because they are the best. I was thinkin of getting an ACT HDSS which doesnt hold as much power as the HDR4, but it is more expensive? so im thinkin get the HDR4 because its tougher and less expensive. OR should i just get a stock one, because im just gonna do pretty much basic mods for now.
have you guys had any problems with these clutches? and thanks for your opinions cuz they will really help me out! :thumbup:
Old 03-30-2003, 06:38 AM
90'RS

I say go with the HDSS because if your goal is just to have your basic bolt ons and some mild modding then this should work out for you. The HDR4 is going is most likely going to be to much for the amount of power your going to pull from the engine, what a shame that it's cheaper. As for the stock clutches I'm still on the original one and I have 133K on the car so I know they are good but my car has had no real mods for 98% of it's life. I hope this helps.
Old 03-30-2003, 06:54 AM
stealthteg

ya ive come to the conclusion that the HDR4 is too strong for what im doing... do you guys think its worth it for the HDSS? and should i look at exedy or anything? i have to spend as little cash as possible but i want something better than stock!!
PLEEZ keep throwing out you opinions!! thanks
Old 03-30-2003, 08:28 AM
stealthteg

Is exedy single plate organic clutch any good?
32% tougher than stock..but i think its the same as stock just beefed up a little? correct me if im wrong
Old 03-30-2003, 02:23 PM
Shingoblade-GSR
Hellsing Agency

Just a little warning: Be sure the clutch you get is suited for your application. Very recently a GSR owner with just I/H/E ran a super aggressive clutch (for 300+ whp applications) and destroyed his front axle.

Shingo