Notices

96 Integra B18B1 install help

Old 04-10-2010, 01:19 PM
ReaperOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got it. . . It was the joint bolt, I had both washers together rather than one on top and one on bottom. . . Fixed those and the leak stopped. . . Its all good. . . Gonna take it to get smogged and hopefully all is well. . .
Old 04-12-2010, 04:12 PM
ReaperOne

HELP ! ! ! ! ! I just failed smog and now need to know what I need to fix in order to pass. . . The HC(PPM) and the CO(%) are way too high, but the NO(PPM) is fine. . . The ESC results state that the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL). . . . Failed and the Ignition Timing . . . . Eng Spd Fail. those are the only things that show failed, but there are 3 other things listed as modified which are "Fuel injection, Vacuum lines sensors/switches and Other related emis. components." what from here could be causinf the high HC and CO output? ? ? it also states:
This vehicle failed the MIL/Check Engine Light due to OBD communications failure.
This vehicle failed the Ignition Timing Check due to engine RPM being out of tolerance.

if someone can explain what that means I would appreciate it as the smog guy didn't give me too much insight as to what would cause the problem. He just said "when you start modifying you shoud get C.A.R.B. legal items, but all that I have changed on the car was : Throttle body - my was lost/stolen so replaced with an aftermarket, but stock replacement. . . AEM cold air intake - has C.A.R.B. sticker. . . MSD Ignition Kit - Has C.A.R.B. sticker. . . I have a smaller pulley, not sure if that would effect anything. . . also AEM Cam Gears fully adjustable. . .

PLEASE someone let me know so I can get this taken care of ASAP. . . . Thanks. . .
Old 04-12-2010, 08:39 PM
Spec R

at this point, make sure everything under you hood is stock. dont even bother with parts that "Might" be CARB legal.

all the vacuum lines have to be as they were stock.

no check engine lights etc.

you probably have a defective catalytic converter, or something else is going on. seems like this car has a lot of secrets it keeps revealing to you.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:59 AM
Lynxs1981

I would start by making sure all your vac lines are correctly connected; most likely within the evap system.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:11 PM
ReaperOne

I need a diagram of some sort to show the vacuum lines for a 96 integra AT, so I can begin to check, been looking for one, but all the diragrams I find are for GSR. . .
Old 05-17-2010, 09:29 AM
ReaperOne

All is good:yay:. . . Problems solved. . .Smog check place ran a computer diagnostic, decarbonized the intake/ EGR system and repaired a short in my MAP harness. . . After that passed smog with no problem:yay:. . . Going to DMV today to get my tags. . . Thanks 2 everyone for all of the help, this forum is the best:yay:. . .

Happy 2 B back on the road in my integra:yay:. . .
Old 07-12-2010, 10:19 PM
joe_kewl81

high octane fuel