Notices

Advice needed on buying a '95 integra.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:00 PM
browna29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice needed on buying a '95 integra.

I am looking at a '95 integra ls, 2door, hatchback with 140k miles. It seems to be in excellent condition, however this is my first acura, and I am wondering if there are any particular problems with this model that I should be aware of before I purchase this car. Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:58 AM
jesusublime99

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The most important thing will be for you to find out when the timing belt & water pump were last changed and maybe some receipts to prove it,
because this will be an expensive repair if it either of them go bad on you. If there is no proof, plan to get it done as soon as you take ownership.

I cant think of any recurring problem I've ever had on my Integras, only thing is that the antenna motor stopped working on both and the power window
motor went out on my LS.

Take your time and inspect it very well, and check under the car for leaks, and check to make sure all fluids are topped off during your inspection,
this will help you know how well this owner took care of their car. Good luck and I hope this turns out to be a great car :goodjob:
Old 02-18-2010, 03:07 PM
Line7
Platinum Member

Aside from the t-belt and w-pump, you have to consider the fact that the car is 15 years old and that alot of components might be corroded at this point. Especially if the car spent a lot of time near the ocean or in snow, then it experienced salt. Time could corrode bushings, suspension components, hoses, and such things. You should just account for repairing a 15 year old car.

For example I like my car, also a '95, but I have spent a lot of time and money on it, to keep it running the way I want. Unless you have a special reason why you want an integra, I would just buy a newer car.

If you do decide to get it, as with any car, its a good idea to get it on a lift and take a look at it, and have a mechanic take a look at it, because I guarantee that you will probably have to repair some things, due to regular wear, that the previous owner neglected.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Spec R

good advice from these guys ^^^^

regardless if the car has 140k or 0k miles on it, it is 15+ years old. any rubber (moldings, seals, gaskets, o-rings, bushings, etc etc) is susceptible to failure, if it already hasnt failed. that being said, there are plenty of Integras still running around in great shape.

if the car is a manual transmission, look at replacing the clutch master and slave cylinders. those tend to take a dump - especially if they've never been replaced.

same thing with the brake master cylinder.