Notices

overheating need help!

Old 06-25-2002, 10:01 AM
maxrpm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default overheating need help!

My car is overheating and i already checked the thermostat and the fan is working. the radiator is also good and cleaned inside. So, what can be causeing this problem. I took out the thermostat and the temp gauge still goes to half mark. On other cars when i took out the thermostat it would not have heat but on my teg i turned on the heat and it was hot. Please help!
Engine ls/vtec
car is 95 teg
Old 06-25-2002, 11:00 AM
AP2
Moderator Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may have air in your coolant lines. What I would do is take off the radiator cap when the engine is cold, and squeeze the upper rad. hose to push out the air. You will see bubbles if there is air in your lines. Add coolant if there's some coming out.
Old 06-30-2002, 10:12 AM
maxrpm

I also have alot of pressure build up in my radiator system. I bleed all the air out of the system and its still gets hot. I know that all the sensor is working but i made a manual switch to turn it on. Can it be the block guard not giving it the flow the engine needs?
Old 06-30-2002, 03:54 PM
buckeyc

You may have a blown head gasket and that is why you are building pressure and that will cause it to overheat. My integra had the same problem
Old 06-30-2002, 06:49 PM
maxrpm

im not saying that it is or not but the head gasket and the motor was just rebuilt and its like this the first time i ran the engine. Also how do you do a check on the head gasket?
Old 06-30-2002, 08:11 PM
pomansouth

why dont you just flush the radiator and change the coolant and see what happens
Old 07-01-2002, 08:14 AM
90'RS

To drain any air from the lines just let the car run without the cap till it warms and this should take care of that. I would check the water pump though that is the backbone of the whole system. I wouldn't flush the radiator because the motor was just rebuilt then this is a waste of time becasue they have to drain all that anyways.
Old 07-01-2002, 11:01 AM
maxrpm

Default update

I found out what might be causing the problem. As buckeyc stated in his post about the headgasket. It is similiar except the headgasket is new. The place that built my motor did a bad job on the block guard and the holes wasn't even lined up with the water passagegoing to the head. I going to have to drill some holes and see if that works. This company is a well know name in the import industry and racing also. You would think they would do a good job with all those equipment and s**t.
Old 07-15-2002, 10:00 AM
maxrpm

Ok i changed headgaskets and flushed the radiator. The car still builds up high pressure in the radiator. So, do i need a bigger radiator cause everything seems to be fine. I also put the thermostat back in. Need more advice!
Old 07-15-2002, 10:14 AM
dom93hatch
more meat, more fire

I don't think you need a new radiator. The stock Integra one should work fine. If you really want to shell out, a Fluidyne would be nice.

Quick Reply: overheating need help!