Notices

Which Rear Sway bar???

Old 06-25-2002, 03:36 AM
BSQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ALF

Getting a 27mm front swaybar would defeat the purpose of getting a larger rear swaybar. The stock GS-R front swaybar is already a hefty 24mm and you are getting a large amount of understeer from that in stock form. A rear swaybar is all you will need and want since you want to induce more oversteer
Very well said :thumbup: . I would agree 100%.
Old 06-25-2002, 03:39 AM
BSQ

Originally posted by H-carWizard
anyone have the Honda part numbers for the complete Type R rear sway kit? (bar, and mounting equipment)
This information can be found on my Type-R rear swaybar installation instructions ( www.geocities.com/bretq/swaybar_install.html ):

Here are the Acura parts that will be need:
1.) 52300-ST7-Z01 rear swaybar
2.) 52315-ST7-Z01 swaybar bushing (2 needed)
3.) 52308-SS0-000 bushing bracket (2 needed)
4.) 52316-ST7-Z00 endlink bushing (2 needed)
5.) 52312-ST7-Z00 endlink bushing collar (4 needed) – this part can be reused from the stock swaybar
6.) 90175-ST7-Z00 bolt (8x35) (2 needed)
7.) 94050-08080 flange nut (8mm) (2 needed)
Old 06-25-2002, 03:47 AM
BSQ

Originally posted by clemsongsr
still the ITR bar ran 175 from Beaks with all the required hardware which is just as expensive if not more so than the others.
You can order all the required Acura parts listed above (excluding part #5 which can be reused from the stock swaybar) from Carland Acura ( www.acuraautomotiveparts.com ) for a total cost of ~$85 shipped. Then you can order my BSQ mounting kit for $20 shipped. So you are looking at a total cost of ~$105. You won't be able to find any rear swaybar for that price.
Old 06-25-2002, 11:16 AM
H-carWizard
FKN-DING

BSQ... Very helpful indeed!

Thanks!

Phil
Old 06-26-2002, 07:47 AM
wraithsgsr

Being a new member to the sight, this topic caught my eye since I have been looking at upgrading my existing sway bar on my 98 GSR. Looks like i have found the answer.

What kind of differences have people seen with the installation of he Type R sway bar?
Old 06-27-2002, 08:10 AM
clemsongsr

thanks for all the replies guys... it has helped me alot in my decisions and I understand alot more.

Thanks ALF about the info on a larger front sway bar. A 24mm stock front bar is already good and I kinda knew putting on a larger rear bar would cause more oversteer, which is better.

Well I went ahead and ordered the 22mm Progress rear sway bar. I just like to make things simple. I dont think I will be disappointed.

Also, does anyone know if the progress rear bar requires any drilling or modification for installation?
Old 06-27-2002, 11:19 AM
ALF

Originally posted by BSQ

Not to knock on ALF, but I personally wouldn't say that the Beaks kit is a "better product". The reason that I say that is because both kits (BSQ and Beaks) serve the same purpose ... that is ... to reinforce the suspension subframe and to provide a flat surface to mount the Type-R rear swaybar.
I guess I should've said "in terms of material used and overall manufacturing." Not that your kit is inferior, but simply put I would take aluminum custom-made mounts over steel. But you're right, they do the same thing.

As for which one is the "better product" in the end, I personally have the BSQ kit...that's all I can say about that. :thumbup:
Old 11-03-2002, 08:08 PM
airon
AARONNOJIMA.COM

to bring this back to life
after compaing and talking im gonna ordre the BSQ kit tomorrow
this guy has been around for a long time, before the crash, and i would rather trust a guy who will return my emails and i know on the boards then beaks, ill tell you how it all goes in a couple of weeks
Old 11-03-2002, 10:25 PM
antarius
Large Member

Fawkin bish, bringing this back.

Did anyone find out about my question?
"
I read BSQ's install page and it was all fine and dandy, except I have an RS so I'm wondering if I have all these ABS mounting points he speaks of - as well as if I've got the hole needed to enlarge for it.

Anyone got any input on this?

"

ANy ideas?
Old 11-03-2002, 10:39 PM
airon
AARONNOJIMA.COM

why dont you just email him?
anyways i dont see why not, just cuz i doubt they did not make some holes just for one model car

Quick Reply: Which Rear Sway bar???