Notices

Acura Integra GSR 99 has a hatch opening

Old 02-01-2003, 12:29 PM
hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acura Integra GSR 99 has a hatch opening

When i unlock the car with the keyless remote and try to open the hatch it does not open. I tried using my key to open the hatch and it still does not open. I read the owner's manual and it says that if you are having problems opening the hatch with they key then take the car to the dealer. I don't want to get ripped off by the dealer without having a handle on the issue and would like to know if anyone has had similar problems. I have about 3 more months on my 4yr/50k mile warranty and wanted to know if this kind of problem is covered in the bumper to bumper warranty.
Any input on this issue would be appreciated.
Old 02-02-2003, 11:31 AM
kabob

The hatch automatically unlocks with the doors so if you're having problems with it, take it in and have the dealership fix it. That's what a bumper to bumper warranty is for.
Old 02-02-2003, 02:54 PM
Shingoblade-GSR
Hellsing Agency

Originally posted by kabob
The hatch automatically unlocks with the doors so if you're having problems with it, take it in and have the dealership fix it. That's what a bumper to bumper warranty is for.
Not sure if the 99' is still covered under warranty...I know mine isn't.

Shingo
Old 02-02-2003, 07:00 PM
Spy021

If your under the 50k mile mark, but are not the first owner, give Acura Services a call. They can check the VIN and let you know exactly when the car was purchased and when your warranty will expire.
Old 02-03-2003, 02:23 PM
1funride
99 Integra LS

Default Re: Acura Integra GSR 99 has a hatch opening

Originally posted by hotshot
When i unlock the car with the keyless remote and try to open the hatch it does not open. I tried using my key to open the hatch and it still does not open. I read the owner's manual and it says that if you are having problems opening the hatch with they key then take the car to the dealer. I don't want to get ripped off by the dealer without having a handle on the issue and would like to know if anyone has had similar problems. I have about 3 more months on my 4yr/50k mile warranty and wanted to know if this kind of problem is covered in the bumper to bumper warranty.
Any input on this issue would be appreciated.
Got the same poblem with my 99 LS. Unfortuately it started well past my warranty period..So now I have to open the hatch with my key..I guess I will have to take it to the dealer when I get the money.
Old 02-03-2003, 06:28 PM
hotshot

Got this problem fixed tody by going to the dealer. Fortunately the job done was covered by the warranty. It was problem with the hatch actuator and they got it replaced. I saw the estimate and it was about $90 though i was not charged nything