Notices

How to fix torn screw hole in front clip?

Old 01-13-2003, 05:06 PM
Spy021

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to fix torn screw hole in front clip?

I recently purchased my body kit and will be having it painted shortly. I called Acura Customer Service today and had them fax me over the installation instructions for all kit (lip, skirts, rear) and it looks fairly straightforward.

However, before I attempt to put it on, I want to try and patch up one of the mounting holes located on the front bumper clip (passenger's side). One of the screw holes were the black inner fender trim and the front clip meet has been torn through. So now instead of it being a nice "O" the screw hole in the clip is more like a "C". Other than buying a new front clip, is there an easy way to fix this?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, as I don't want the lip to not be securely attached to the front clip.
Old 01-14-2003, 12:59 PM
Spy021

Anyone?
Old 01-14-2003, 02:19 PM
drdavidge

its probably not that much of a big deal if you just leave it, but you could try drilling a hole next to the torn hole and using zipties to secure it on more.
Old 01-14-2003, 07:03 PM
pomansouth

i think there is a putty type stuf that you can put on the plastic and it will dry as plastic and the C will turn into an O again