Notices

n/a jdm b18c build...

Old 01-15-2009, 06:49 AM
speedfreak0920
cArz...gUrls...m0re caRzt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default n/a jdm b18c build...

i'm picking up my buddies 95 4door integra for dirt cheap. it currently has a jdm b18c complete swap and tein coilovers with i/e.

i want to keep it stock block and do all n/a bolt-ons. im looking for parts that will give me the most bang for my buck. this will also be my DD (i have an evo 8 rs as my track car)

the parts ive come up with so far are:
RMF "style" HEADER / FULL 2.5IN EXHAUST (unsure what brand. i want a stock looking muffler without being too loud) / AEM V2 INTAKE (last time i checked,this intake made some nice power) / some set of n/a cams (unsure about what set to go with?) with springs and retainers / A TUNE.

does this sound like a decent setup? can anyone tell me approx. how much whp i should be making on 93oct?

thnx for everyones help
Old 01-15-2009, 08:40 AM
gingas

Guessing maybe 160-170 whp you"ll have. As for parts I'd go w/ JDM ITR 4-1 headers, Apexi WS2 exhaust not loud or a Thermal Research . Cams go with Skunk 2 or CTR cams.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Spec R

yep sounds like it'll put out around 170-180whp. however, e-dyno numbers mean nothing, so your best bet is to just get it on the dyno and go from there.

congrats on getting the four door. i sold the four door in my avatar to get an evo. i did my thing with it, tracked it and all, but later sold it. i then got another integra haha
Old 01-15-2009, 04:52 PM
AP1dude
JDM WHORE!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gingas
Guessing maybe 160-170 whp you"ll have. As for parts I'd go w/ JDM ITR 4-1 headers, Apexi WS2 exhaust not loud or a Thermal Research . Cams go with Skunk 2 or CTR cams.
he will lose power with ITR header (USDM/JDM) since the GSR doesn't make the compression an ITR does and lacks the airflow needed for that header. HondaTuning did a dyno test with headers and the ITR headers both showed power loss through entire powerband even with a tune. So unless you up the compression on the GSR the header won't do anything good.

Don't expect huge gains without internals. Once you get the bolt-ons you want look into buying a VAFC and getting a dyno tune. I had a GSR with spoon intake, RSR header, buddy club exhaust, invidia cat, spoon throttle body, rebuilt tranny, and stock internals only made 165whp with light tune.

Last edited by AP1dude; 01-15-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:21 PM
gingas

Yeah, I thought the ITR would be ok. What if dude get some DC headers? So speaking of what's some good headers for a GSR all motor & should he look at 4-1 or 4-2-1.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:23 PM
AP1dude
JDM WHORE!!!

when i comes to a header...i'm picky. i like the rare or expensive JDM header that cost too much. I suggest the buddy club header, j's, spoon, etc... Bulletproofautomotive.com is where i purchase all my parts
Old 01-15-2009, 07:48 PM
Khazzy
The know nothing kid.

2.5in cat will not look stock, sorry im in a pissy mood, but i do agree on a stock looking exhaust, make a build thread =D i enjoy those, greddy has some nice stock looking exhausts as well as tenabe
Old 01-16-2009, 12:23 AM
speedfreak0920
cArz...gUrls...m0re caRzt

wow nice! thnx guys for all your responses. i wasn't expecting so many "positive" comments lol i haven't posted many times here and i think that's gonna change most forums have those punks who chime in with something negative to say

anyways, i talked to a buddy today who has an em1 SI with skunk2 stg 1 na cams with stock v.t and stock block and he said the cams were nice, but pretty much the same as type r's. i think i may go with something a little more (but still stay dd-able) like the skunk2 pro2's. ill also do v.t. does any1 have any experience with the pro2's? if so, can you plz give your opinions?

as far as the exhaust, the apexi ws2 looks clean but....its a little too shiny for me haha seriously, the cops love to pull me over where i live. i hate it. so i was looking for something "stock" looking. this chick i know has a eg bubble with a jdm r swap and a clean looking exhaust. the muffler and tip were black. very low key. . ?

ive done some research on the best header for a b18 and i came across the RMF HEADER. besides hytech, this header made some amazing whp. 16whp on a stock b16! ive found replica rmf headers for around 500. i just hope its up to the same specs as the "real" rmf header?! anyone?

and as far as the tune...do you guys really think that with all what i have planned plus the cams, that a simple vafc will be sufficient enough? if so, that would save me a nice chunk of $ to spend elsewhere

thnx again for all the positive and helpful responses
Old 01-16-2009, 01:06 AM
AP1dude
JDM WHORE!!!

if you plan on spending more than $4k in the long run...then just do a k-swap. you'll get more power to the wheels with less money spent and it will still be a great DD.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:13 AM
gingas

Agree. They are a beast if you have the money. You have a few hp options. The USDM K20 02-04 200 hp, 05-06 USDM 210 & JDM K20 R 220 hp. Any of those are sick in a DC. A few years back at a import show @ MIR in MD saw a guy with a EF Civic showing his car w/ a K20 swap. You would have a beast as a DD. Wish I had the $ I'd drop my B18C1 for a JDM K20 R.