Notices

Rough Idle & Acceleration on my 94 tegy, Help!!!

Old 12-07-2002, 09:42 PM
Singhg83
BALLIN'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Idle & Acceleration on my 94 tegy, Help!!!

Hey everyone,
i own a 94 teg ls. just 2 weeks ago, my car went in the shop becasue my headgasket had cracked. So at the same time, the mechanics told me that it would have been wise to also change the valve springs & change the piston rings beacsue they were shot as well.So i just got my car back today, & when i started the car up (when i reached my house), It started to idle a bit rough. I thought it was just due to the cold weather. So i let the car warm up for about 5-10 minutes. and it seemed to be a bit better. However, when i was in drive, it started to hesitate alot, as if it were to cut off, so i begain to accelerate, and it was just horrible. There was a huge power loss. So i drove around the road for about 5-10 minutes, speeds averageing about 45-50, and it still was having problems accelerating, in the sence that when ever i pused the gas pedal, the car would shake a little & when i had come to a complete stop, it felt like agoin the car was going to cut off. The car was still idleing rough.
I am going to take it back to the shop on monday, but i want to know for myself what is the exact problem, so that maybe i could fix it myself. So please, if anybody can help me, your help would be greatly appreiciated.
Ps - my car curently has 144000 miles it.
(sorry for the spelling, its almost 2:30 in the morin)
Old 12-08-2002, 05:40 PM
mikesudds
supa dupa member

maybe the spark plugs...how long has it been since you changed them??? ...............but hey i'm no mechanic
mike
Old 12-08-2002, 05:47 PM
VPUPPY

your timing might be off also
Old 12-09-2002, 07:04 AM
Singhg83
BALLIN'

yea, so i went to the mechanic today to see what was up. They said it was the spark plugs, only problem was that they didn't "lub" the spark plugs so it was hard to take it out & they were worried about breaking the cylinder, so they had put some wd-40 in, waited 20 minutes, changed the plugs, now it runs fine.
Thanks for the help guys.