Notices

Rubber Stoppers cracked??

Old 11-26-2002, 01:27 PM
NoSuchSol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubber Stoppers cracked??

Hey Guys,

Long time, no post! Anyhow, my car has developed a decent shake whenever I get on the gas at 50mph and above. I mentioned it to the honda dealership when I got my tires balanced and they said they'd check out the motor mounts. They said the motor mounts were fine but that the two rubber stoppers were cracked and "could" be the cause. Any ideas?
I was thinking fuel delivery system somehow.

The car will shake.. not just the wheel or gas pedal but the entire car. It's not constant, and not every time I'm pressing the gas harder than normal. I can be cruising at 70mph on my commute and it'll start shaking. It will also sometimes shake when moving down the rev range - 80mph ---> 70mph.

I did a search and saw a post saying something with fuel delivery but wouldn't that make it shudder at every speed, or at high rpms in lower gears?

THANKS!
Old 11-26-2002, 01:47 PM
LT
The deer had to die!

i was getting similiar things with my teg when the mounts went. after i replaced the mounts a lot of the annoying rattles in the car went away.
Old 11-26-2002, 01:59 PM
NoSuchSol

Originally posted by LT6916
i was getting similiar things with my teg when the mounts went. after i replaced the mounts a lot of the annoying rattles in the car went away.
Ok, cool..... so at lower speeds it was pretty normal, but as you got a little faster is started shaking, but not constantly? I'm not sure if it puts me at ease, well, it does just b/c it doesn't mean i'm going to have a new engine on my hands. =)

Thanks,
Drew
Old 11-27-2002, 04:42 PM
g2tegls
MR, ftw

This one time, my car would shake at around 70 mph but would stop when I decelerate. It was the brakes. The inside pad on the drivers side was down to the backing plate and musta been doin some weird shyte. Replaced the pads (worn out), rotors (rusty and scratched) and calipers (seized) and now it's all good. You could check your pads, it's pretty easy.
Old 11-27-2002, 05:10 PM
NoSuchSol

Originally posted by g2tegls
This one time, my car would shake at around 70 mph but would stop when I decelerate. It was the brakes. The inside pad on the drivers side was down to the backing plate and musta been doin some weird shyte. Replaced the pads (worn out), rotors (rusty and scratched) and calipers (seized) and now it's all good. You could check your pads, it's pretty easy.
I'm taking it to my mechanic on monday now. We'll go for a test drive and see what he thinks. I had to drive out to san bernardino today so I got to spend some intimate time with my car.

It's not a stuttering or choking like a fuel problem would deliver... I can downshift and rev it with just as much power as it's ever had.

It's not a shimmy in the wheel or in the shifter.

It's a shake or rumble that isn't at low speeds, but 50 and above now it'll do it more often, but not ALL the time.

If it's the brakes then I'll be happy. The outside pads are quite nice. =) It's probably cheaper to do that than some other stuff.

THANKS!