Notices

Help with installation of CAI on '93 Integra GSR

Old 10-19-2002, 12:52 PM
ekjl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with installation of CAI on '93 Integra GSR

Is there a step by step guide WITH pictures? I can't seem to follow the instructions that came with the parts.

I don't know which one is the breather hose, or the water bypass hose, or the intake manifold, or the water outlet, or the resonator. -_-;;
Old 10-19-2002, 01:18 PM
b00gers

Default Re: Help with installation of CAI on '93 Integra GSR

Originally posted by ekjl
Is there a step by step guide WITH pictures? I can't seem to follow the instructions that came with the parts.

I don't know which one is the breather hose, or the water bypass hose, or the intake manifold, or the water outlet, or the resonator. -_-;;
the breater hose is the hose that goes from the intake tube to the valve cover....it shouldnt be that thick, about ".25-.5" in diameter.

the intake manifold is the big hole...2-2.5" in diameter. its the part that is actually connected to the engine.

so the breather tube is the blue tube that goes from the intake..then under the strut bar...then to the valve cover.

the intake manifold is 3-4 inches to the right of the breather tube on the intake.

thats the best i can do with pics. this is not a gsr btw.
Old 10-19-2002, 02:51 PM
ekjl

Thanks

But I need more than that
Old 10-19-2002, 04:25 PM
DB7 2.0
Banned

da heezy... k here it is...
the intake manifold is that silver metal thingy that looks like 4 pipes melted into each other. its stuck onto the engine towards the "back" (when looking it at directly from the front of the car). now, to the very left end of the intake manifold, you'll see another small thing that has a bunch of hoses and cables stuck to it. this is your throttle body. attached to this throttle body is your intake pipe. since youre putting on a new aftermarket one, you gotta take off the original factory pipe (its like a black rubber hose with ridges). basically, you see a clamp/ring holding the pipe onto the beforementioned throttle body. you unscrew this loose, and the factory intake pipe slips off like a prom dress.

you grab the new aftermarket intake pipe... you can do two things first...put the silicone hose connector thingamajig on the intake pipe first and then attach it to the throttle body, OR you can put the silicone hose connector thingajiggy on the throttle body first then attach the intake pipe to it... DONT forget the two O-ring clamps/screws. you need to put 2 of these on the connector thingy before you put the intake and throttle body together.

and youre done!

hope this makes sense to you. i tried describing things as least technical possible.
Old 10-19-2002, 05:40 PM
ekjl

lol, yes that helped a bit. But don't I need to take out the "stock air box" thing like the instruction said? Where is that?
Old 10-19-2002, 06:28 PM
b00gers

Originally posted by ekjl
lol, yes that helped a bit. But don't I need to take out the "stock air box" thing like the instruction said? Where is that?
see you stock intake tube? the tube with bumps and grooves on it.

on one end it connects to the engine right? well that end is the throttle body and intake manifold.

on the other end its connected to a small black box. thats the "airbox" and houses the filter.

there should be 3-4 bolts holding the box in. take those off to remove the box.
Old 10-19-2002, 07:06 PM
ekjl

Are you suppose to remove the whole thing?

Well, I can't do anything right now, cause it's dark out. I'll have to do it tomorrow.
Old 10-19-2002, 07:19 PM
TeHJuSTiN
NAM #0001

Remove the whole black box, because that's the area where the CAI pipe will go through. Then connect the filter to the end of the piping and connect the piping to the Intake Manifold with the little metal brackets. Also don't forget to cut the pipe somewhere and put your bypass valve in.
Old 10-19-2002, 07:57 PM
b00gers

ok ghetto photoshop but:

A- intake manifold
B-Throttle body, its hidden, but would be there
C- stock intake
D- air box.

hope that helped a little.
Old 10-21-2002, 12:57 PM
DB7 2.0
Banned