Notices

Help engine is making a weird noise

Old 12-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Dorian7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help engine is making a weird noise

Ok so my engine is making a weird knocking noise. The other day I found out that I had a pretty bad head gasket leak, Oil was EVERYWHERE it was almost literally running down the side of the engine. The guy at the gas station told me my oil was low and pointed out this problem. I have recently become an environmental activist so I don't like using oil and gas and stuff unless i HAVE to. Pluse I had a friend tell me that the only reason that they tell you to use motor oil in your engine is because the government wants to make money off the taxes. So anyways after the guy told me that I needed to get more oil I figured I could make it a little bit further, I just chewed up some chewing gum and put it around the gasket for a quick fix. I was on my way to the local organic grocery store. When I got there I found some stuff that said "synthetic had lotion" and so, just like any other logical human being I figured that lotion lubricates your hands just as good as oil so it should be just fine in the engine, right? Pulse it is synthetic, so it's the good stuff. well since I filled the engine with lotion the car started making really weird noises. I don't get it tho, is the problem something else and it was just coincidence?
Old 12-06-2007, 12:49 PM
ENFORCER

Wow i really wish i was a moderator so i could delete this thread because its so pointless.

Lotion in your engine?? Comon dude. Dont waste everyones time.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:10 PM
AcuraLsSE
ASE Certified

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

:slap: If your not joking you shouldn't be able to touch a car. If you are joking :gtfo:

Last edited by AcuraLsSE; 12-06-2007 at 02:18 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Difussion3
Touge

You got to be shitting me...
Old 12-07-2007, 04:59 AM
audie

With friends like that who needs enemies? What brand hand lotion? If it didn't clearly state on the bottle not for use in internal combustion engines or by people with low IQ and/or no common sense then you should sue the manufacturer for inadequate labeling. I'm sure some lawyer will take the case. Also sue the store that sold you the lotion. You should have been asked what you were going to use it for. Any hippie vegan VW van driving organic store clerk knows better than to put hand lotion in an engine. They should have given you extra virgin olive oil!

Last edited by audie; 12-07-2007 at 12:14 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:49 AM
v6_accord_jerz
Stupid Power Ball

You sir are a fucking moron. .

Please refrain from using in the future.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:15 AM
2001TEGGSR

Originally Posted by Dorian7
Ok so my engine is making a weird knocking noise. The other day I found out that I had a pretty bad head gasket leak, Oil was EVERYWHERE it was almost literally running down the side of the engine. The guy at the gas station told me my oil was low and pointed out this problem. I have recently become an environmental activist so I don't like using oil and gas and stuff unless i HAVE to. Pluse I had a friend tell me that the only reason that they tell you to use motor oil in your engine is because the government wants to make money off the taxes. So anyways after the guy told me that I needed to get more oil I figured I could make it a little bit further, I just chewed up some chewing gum and put it around the gasket for a quick fix. I was on my way to the local organic grocery store. When I got there I found some stuff that said "synthetic had lotion" and so, just like any other logical human being I figured that lotion lubricates your hands just as good as oil so it should be just fine in the engine, right? Pulse it is synthetic, so it's the good stuff. well since I filled the engine with lotion the car started making really weird noises. I don't get it tho, is the problem something else and it was just coincidence?
First off, do NOT drive your car any further. Get it to a shop, explain to them what you did, and hopefully you didn't ruin your motor.

I don't support this Environmental Activist crap, but I do respect your opinion. Don't you think that a several thousand dollar motor is worth more than a green t-shirt? A volcano probably pollutes more in ten seconds, than you will pollute in your entire life.

If you refuse to change your oil, or fix a leak for that matter, perhaps you should find a different mode of transportation. No oil, or low oil is a sure way to loose your motor.