Notices

94 Accura Integra Radiator Fan Staying On

Old 11-20-2007, 03:15 PM
kg6bki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Accura Integra Radiator Fan Staying On

I have a 94 Accura Integra 2Dr and when I turn off the car the right Radiator Fan stays on. I have to dis connect the battery when I get out of the car otherwise the fan will run down the battery. When I get back in the car when I go out and I reconnect the battery the fan turns right back on..

I was told at first this would possibly be a Thermostat Problem. But I replaced that part and then it was ok for a little while. But when the car is cold after sitting for a few hours and then hook up the battery the fan goes back on again...I am confused on what to do if someone can offer me some advice please...

Thanks
Brian
Old 11-20-2007, 04:36 PM
kg6bki

I think the relay switch might be shot...for the fan possibly?? Where would this be located...

Thanks
Brian
Old 11-23-2007, 09:51 AM
cruzalekz

could be a thermistor problem or simply the thermostatic switch, it wouldnt be the thermostat.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:00 AM
ENFORCER

Im actually having somewhat of the same issue. After i shut off the car the fan stays on for a while but eventually goes off. Now normaly i wouldnt worry sept its about 15 degrees up here in NY. I worry what it will be doing in the summer when its in the 80s.... Any ideas or is this normal.