Lowering..

Old 10-20-2002, 06:47 AM
integra-boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 1.8
integraboy,
my point is that when you posted:

remarks
you are implying that I am gay and cannot change a tire by myself just because I had a shop do my coilover conversion. I did my intake and my sound system install myself and i'm going outside after this to switch back to factory rims for the winter and raise the suspension for snow (not scary). what is scary is a strut bolt flying at a 100mph if the spring compressor isn't used properly. or a wrench exploding in your hand or slipping and knocking your front teeth out. This stuff is dangerous and if you aren't carefull you can get hurt. I think that was important to post to someone who potentially has no experience with this mod. If you read my earlier post correctly you can see that I attempted my susp. install but stopped when I figured that it was best left to someone with the tools and experience. I was working alone.

my other point is that when you respond to someones post with a different opinion and make all these :ghey: statements you look pretty homophobic and imature.

chillout manley man

thanks for that essay homeboy.... I couldn't care less what you did or if you pay the shop $350 for nothing or not. My point is, unscrewing bolts is not scary! neither are wrenches nor compressors..lol Godzilla is scary but not a bolt or a wrench..lol I'll admit that taking bolts off can be a pain in the ass sometimes, but theres nothing dangerous about it, the worst you can do is break the bolt itself. so don't advise people to go to a shop for suspension work because, if you're modifying your car, you should be able to do it yourself, otherwise you're just one of those poser :ghey: 's. but thats just my opinion.:thumbup:
Old 10-22-2002, 07:44 PM
sshaikh01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what is scary is a strut bolt flying at a 100mph if the spring compressor isn't used properly.
WTF

My point is, unscrewing bolts is not scary! neither are wrenches nor compressors..
It can be scary if you don't know what you're doing, i had one dump azz who wanted to lower his 90 teg. and wanted to cut his springs, he was about to get under the car and cut the spring while everything is intact, because he couldn't open the CA screw with his wal-mart wrench.

the worst you can do is break the bolt itself.
If you break the bolt while it is still in the control arm, trust me it will be bad. :naughty:

so don't advise people to go to a shop for suspension work because, if you're modifying your car, you should be able to do it yourself, otherwise you're just one of those poser :ghey: 's. but thats just my opinion.:thumbup: [/B]
what he said.