Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Integra & 97-01 Integra Type-R (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r-17/)
-   -   Lowering.. (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r/27852-lowering.html)

happyman 10-14-2002 04:49 PM

Lowering..

What are all of the things you need to buy in order to lower your car.. is there more things you should buy in addition to coilovers and a camber kit?

Thank ya. :booty:

b00gers 10-14-2002 05:01 PM

Re: Lowering..

Originally posted by happyman
What are all of the things you need to buy in order to lower your car.. is there more things you should buy in addition to coilovers and a camber kit?

Thank ya. :booty:

replacing the shocks at the same time would be nice.

itll save a bit of time and or money if you are letting a shop install it.

if you are doing the install, rent a spring compressor.

anfmanusa 10-14-2002 05:27 PM

how much does all of it cost to have someone do it plus parts? is the ride quality really bad afterwards?

dom93hatch 10-14-2002 05:37 PM

Ride quality depends upon which parts you buy. There's a saying that goes "you get what you pay for," which applies to this situation. Honestly I dunno how much it is to have springs/shocks installed; maybe a couple hundred bucks, but IMO just do it yourself. Save yourself a grip of money and have fun. Plus, you get to say you did all the stuff to your car.

b00gers 10-14-2002 05:49 PM

if you never worked on your car before...i suggest you just pay someone to do it.

a shop will charge about $100 labor. may be lower or higher.

which springs and camber kit are you looking at>?

1.8 10-14-2002 09:12 PM

Spring install

don't try this at home if you don't have the tools!

i thought i could do mine: ground control coilovers and KYB AGX struts but found out (luckily without seriously hurting myself) that to do suspension work you really need air tools. My car was only 2 years old but the bolts holding the struts to the control arms were so tight i was afraid either my 5/8 ths wrench would explode or would slip. even after lots of liquid wrench, with the pressure that i was applying that would have caused major damage to whatever stopped the slip.
took my car to the shop and was charged $350. nice thing is that after about 3 months the front end started squeaking and they lubed it up for free. offered to do some grinding on the spring seats if that didn't work but it did the trick. now my back is doing the same thing. should have no problem getting them to fix it.

also, spring compressors can be scary things to use when you have before. they tend to slip a little when unbolting the strut. be careful and get help from someone who's done it before if you can.

integra-boy 10-18-2002 07:29 PM

Re: Spring install

Originally posted by 1.8
don't try this at home if you don't have the tools!

i thought i could do mine: ground control coilovers and KYB AGX struts but found out (luckily without seriously hurting myself) that to do suspension work you really need air tools. My car was only 2 years old but the bolts holding the struts to the control arms were so tight i was afraid either my 5/8 ths wrench would explode or would slip. even after lots of liquid wrench, with the pressure that i was applying that would have caused major damage to whatever stopped the slip.
took my car to the shop and was charged $350. nice thing is that after about 3 months the front end started squeaking and they lubed it up for free. offered to do some grinding on the spring seats if that didn't work but it did the trick. now my back is doing the same thing. should have no problem getting them to fix it.

also, spring compressors can be scary things to use when you have before. they tend to slip a little when unbolting the strut. be careful and get help from someone who's done it before if you can.

okay okay ...although you do have a point that some bolts are hard to get off with no air tools, come on man, what are we all gay or something :ghey: ? changing shocks and springs is nothing more than unscrewing a couple bolts and srewing them back on....a pain in the ass in a sense but I'd feel like the biggest homo :ghey: if I let a shop do mine. besides, you really appreciate your car and how it works a lot more if you actually install your parts by yourself. Engine work is another story, but suspension?? give me a break, let me guess, you're one of those guys who calls a tow truck when you get a flat, because changing the wheel yourself would be just too scary...lol

PS: Also, whats this that you're saying about a compressor being scary? loololol relax......

look at all the fun we were having with my suspension....

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...460#post299460

:D :D :D :D :D

1.8 10-18-2002 08:58 PM

integrabrat, nice susp install
could you have done it by yourself?
im sure you could because you are so
un:ghey:

integra-boy 10-19-2002 06:50 AM

Originally posted by 1.8
integrabrat, nice susp install
could you have done it by yourself?
im sure you could because you are so
un:ghey:

uhhhh yeah I totally agree. whats your point?

1.8 10-20-2002 06:17 AM

integraboy,
my point is that when you posted:

remarks

okay okay ...although you do have a point that some bolts are hard to get off with no air tools, come on man, what are we all gay or something ? changing shocks and springs is nothing more than unscrewing a couple bolts and srewing them back on....a pain in the ass in a sense but I'd feel like the biggest homo if I let a shop do mine. besides, you really appreciate your car and how it works a lot more if you actually install your parts by yourself. Engine work is another story, but suspension?? give me a break, let me guess, you're one of those guys who calls a tow truck when you get a flat, because changing the wheel yourself would be just too scary...lol
you are implying that I am gay and cannot change a tire by myself just because I had a shop do my coilover conversion. I did my intake and my sound system install myself and i'm going outside after this to switch back to factory rims for the winter and raise the suspension for snow (not scary). what is scary is a strut bolt flying at a 100mph if the spring compressor isn't used properly. or a wrench exploding in your hand or slipping and knocking your front teeth out. This stuff is dangerous and if you aren't carefull you can get hurt. I think that was important to post to someone who potentially has no experience with this mod. If you read my earlier post correctly you can see that I attempted my susp. install but stopped when I figured that it was best left to someone with the tools and experience. I was working alone.

my other point is that when you respond to someones post with a different opinion and make all these :ghey: statements you look pretty homophobic and imature.

chillout manley man