Notices

2001 Integra GSR, SRS Airbag light will not go off,nopower from the OBD plug

Old 07-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Robyn923b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Integra GSR, SRS Airbag light will not go off,nopower from the OBD plug

This is my 1st post, I'm not sure how this website works, can someone answer my questions below please???

Hello Evereyone, I just bought a 2001 integra GSR from a friend of mine, The car's interioir was stolen (seats, consoles, panels, driver's side airbag as well)
I bought all the parts abnd I'm putting it together now, I bought an airbag from a 98 integra to put it on my 2001 gsr (they're the same) So now I've installed the airbag but the "SRS" light will not go off, I'm not sure what's causing the problem and taht's why I've created this thread, someone please help me?

I was thinking, maybe when they stole the interioir they stol the SRS airbag module as well, but I don't know where the module is in the car? Can anybody help me?
Airbag (SRS) Indicator light is on. I've checked all my fuses (the two fuse boxes), disconnected the battery, but no luck. I also disconected the batter for 2 days and plugged it back on, noo luck either

Also I tried plugging the car to a computer to the OBD but there's no power coming from the OBD plug, anybody know what that might be>? ALL RESPONSES WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED, THANK YOU!!!

Last edited by Robyn923b; 07-16-2007 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try this
https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...d.php?t=243612
Old 07-23-2007, 11:07 PM
gsrcrazy1
gsrcrazy1

whoa...ima try this first thing in the morning.!!!
Old 07-29-2007, 02:29 AM
RunningOnMT
4Banger

The 94&95 integras have a plug (mounted to the plastic piece under the steering wheel) that elminate the SRS light. The 96+ don't and pulling the ABS fuse won't work. You can solder the ABS wire (yellow wrapping) to the passenger side airbag. Or just remove the light bulb from your gauge cluster, the simplest solution.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:43 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RunningOnMT
The 94&95 integras have a plug (mounted to the plastic piece under the steering wheel) that elminate the SRS light. The 96+ don't and pulling the ABS fuse won't work. You can solder the ABS wire (yellow wrapping) to the passenger side airbag. Or just remove the light bulb from your gauge cluster, the simplest solution.
ORRRR he can just fix the problem.

It's a security thing, once the airbag goes off or is removed simply putting it back will not fix the problem. Point being that the SRS system should warn an occupant if the system has been tampered with in any way.

While I strongly suggest getting the car checked by a professional and having them clear it (whilst making sure the airbag is operational) you can clear the light yourself relatively easily

In the under-dash fuse box you should notice a yellow connector/wire going into a "dummy" plug, unplug it and you should notice that there are no connectors in the jack.

You can clear the SRS light by connecting the two leads of this wire together, using a paperclip or wire you should be able to accomplish this. Directions are as follows:

1.)put ignition in OFF position
2.)connect wires
3.)Without starting the car, turn the ignition to the ON position
4.)watch the SRS light and wait until it goes off
5.)disconnect the wires [with haste, as there is a 4 second window for this to be performed]
6.)wait for the SRS light to come on again
7.)quickly reconnect the wires
8.) wait for the SRS light to go off then disconnect the wires

turn the car off and wait 10-20 seconds, when you turn it back on the SRS light should be off

Last edited by sherwood; 07-29-2007 at 01:02 PM.