Notices

Shmoo's GSR Engine Build: Operation 400whp not 56k friendly

Old 08-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sherwood
So I take it this doesn't interfere with your suspension like running it to the back, right?
Yeah. Since it dumps before it reaches the LCA, it doesn't have to curl over it and possibly cause clearance issues with my 22mm swaybar.

It is very drony just cruising around because it is dumping underneath the car. It is also looks like I don't have a muffler, so I am thinking of picking up a stock LS, GSR, or ITR muffler and having custom hangers welded on for a sleeper muffler.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:24 PM
Spec R

boxer motor eh? pull one of your spark plug wires just for fun and let your engine run for a minute. dont do it too long, you can burn out your ignitor. hhah thats if u're really bored though. i told my friend i got a wrx once as a joke and revved my teg outside his house.

nice lookin parts. now get them in!
Old 08-27-2007, 05:49 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by Spec R
boxer motor eh? pull one of your spark plug wires just for fun and let your engine run for a minute. dont do it too long, you can burn out your ignitor. hhah thats if u're really bored though. i told my friend i got a wrx once as a joke and revved my teg outside his house.

nice lookin parts. now get them in!
I know what you are talking about. The cold last winter froze something so that I was running on 3 cylinders. It took a while to heat things up and thaw out whatever was frozen to get it to fire on all four again.

I have all the parts, so maybe the turbo and injectors will go in this three day weekend.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:47 AM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Originally Posted by Provocateur
Redshiftmotorsports makes it. They call it the LCA exhaust and it is available in 2.25", 2.5", and 3". On an N/A application, I can only imagine how obnoxious it would be in the cabin since it dumps under the car.
Thanks for discouraging me on getting that exhaust. LOL... that is the last thing I want on my N/A car. Noise...
Old 08-28-2007, 11:50 AM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Yeah. Since it dumps before it reaches the LCA, it doesn't have to curl over it and possibly cause clearance issues with my 22mm swaybar.

It is very drony just cruising around because it is dumping underneath the car. It is also looks like I don't have a muffler, so I am thinking of picking up a stock LS, GSR, or ITR muffler and having custom hangers welded on for a sleeper muffler.
Won't a stock muffler slow down the exhaust flow? Just asking, because a long time ago I bought the infamous Thundermuff off of Ebay and the tip on that thing was the size of a grapefruit and did not really like it. So I had the 2.5 inch piping modified to bolt up to my stock muffler and as a result it sounded normal and felt stock power wise, granted your boosting, but just wondering if you think that will affect it?

I have a stock GSR exhaust by the way. It on my gorilla racks in the garage.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:09 PM
QuikSilver
Are we Teg yet?

He's probably gonna keep the LCA and just hang a stock muffler on the rear so he doesn't get pulled over for not having a muffler.

Very sneaky, sir...
Old 08-28-2007, 03:23 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by ADRONICUS
Won't a stock muffler slow down the exhaust flow? Just asking, because a long time ago I bought the infamous Thundermuff off of Ebay and the tip on that thing was the size of a grapefruit and did not really like it. So I had the 2.5 inch piping modified to bolt up to my stock muffler and as a result it sounded normal and felt stock power wise, granted your boosting, but just wondering if you think that will affect it?

I have a stock GSR exhaust by the way. It on my gorilla racks in the garage.
Don't worry, it will be a full 3" turboback w/ out cat. The stock muffler is just for appearance. I can see how the wording can be confusing, though.

Thinking of selling it? I just need the muffler.

Originally Posted by QuikSilver
He's probably gonna keep the LCA and just hang a stock muffler on the rear so he doesn't get pulled over for not having a muffler.

Very sneaky, sir...
Not really so much to avoid the law (since they are pretty lax here) but to make it look better.

Last edited by Provocateur; 08-28-2007 at 03:27 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:39 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Don't worry, it will be a full 3" turboback w/ out cat. The stock muffler is just for appearance. I can see how the wording can be confusing, though.

Thinking of selling it? I just need the muffler.

Not really so much to avoid the law (since they are pretty lax here) but to make it look better.
Did you sell the greddy already? Or do you not want to separate that? I thought you were against running cat-less, or is that someone else...
Old 08-28-2007, 09:13 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by ADRONICUS
Did you sell the greddy already? Or do you not want to separate that? I thought you were against running cat-less, or is that someone else...
The Greddy was sold a week after I put the new exhaust on.

Yes, I am against running without a cat. I am not going to sit here and justify my hypocrisy, though. I'll just say that I have much better things to spend $150 on than another exhaust restriction.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:52 AM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

The Greddy was sold a week after I put the new exhaust on.

Yes, I am against running without a cat. I am not going to sit here and justify my hypocrisy, though. I'll just say that I have much better things to spend $150 on than another exhaust restriction.
Oh. Seemed like I saw it around here longer than a week, so I thought maybe it did not sell.

Have you ever ran without a cat before? I heard the stinch can be mind altering.