Notices

Broken Antenna 98 GSR

Old 05-09-2007, 06:27 AM
gingas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken Antenna 98 GSR

Have anyone ever had their antenna broke. Bought a lawn mower & was defective. Took back to store but when I took out of car the box some how bent my antenna when I cut car off.
Are they expensive. Yeah, if Home Depot sold me a legit lawn mower I wouldn't have had to go back to store. I'm upset for that reason but can't cry over spilt milk.
I really don't want to go through dealer.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:45 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Just buy a new mast off ebay for $15 and install it. It shouldn't take you more than 15 minutes to replace.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:39 PM
acuradude

I broke mine once before; its easy to fix. Like the previous guy just buy a new mast...its even cheap from the dealer. Take the inside plastic interior out and it is right there. Take the motor out to and then replace the mast. Easy job.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by acuradude
I broke mine once before; its easy to fix. Like the previous guy just buy a new mast...its even cheap from the dealer. Take the inside plastic interior out and it is right there. Take the motor out to and then replace the mast. Easy job.
You don't even need to remove the motor. Just unscrew the cap surrounding the antenna with the special tool (or a set of pliers if you are careful not to scratch the paint if it slips), turn the radio on to extend the mast fully and pull it out. Feed the new mast in with the teeth facing the same way and turn the radio off. The motor should then pull the antenna down.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:09 AM
gsr2k

make sure the whole plastic gear comes out with the mast. It should be pointy at the end. If it's not, it could be broken and you'll need to remove the motor to fix it.

Also, I bought a cheap mast off of antennasrus.com and it worked perfectly - but rusted solid over the winter.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:45 PM
chairman

hey what about if the antenna is broken and you want to replace it with an s2k antenna. I have the silver cap off and the seal is loose, but i cant get it past the antenna, do i still turn the car on with what little i have left and try to pull it out? and if not how do i get it past?
Old 12-19-2007, 01:21 AM
gsr2k

Originally Posted by chairman
hey what about if the antenna is broken and you want to replace it with an s2k antenna. I have the silver cap off and the seal is loose, but i cant get it past the antenna, do i still turn the car on with what little i have left and try to pull it out? and if not how do i get it past?
You have to drop the whole antenna assembly (including the motor) to install the S2000 antenna, so don't bother pulling the mast out of the assembly - just drop the whole thing into the fender and continue with the new installation.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:29 AM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

My motor took a shit on me years ago and I replaced it w/a Fuba off of Ebay. Works great and I have been asked many times, "Is that an s2000 antenna?" Pain in the ass to remove the motor. I would say the likely hood that the worm gear breaks at the tip is probable. It is clipped in to the tip of the inside of the mast and if over fucked it just snaps and then you have a worm gear the is not attached to the inside of the antenna, which in turn will keep the worm gear from pulling the antenna back down.