Notices

teggy oil pan gasket

Old 12-07-2007, 04:54 PM
JKAE
2000TEGLS4DR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default teggy oil pan gasket

i have to change my oil pan gasket again!!! i changed it about 2 years ago and the gasket is leaking again. i have a 2000 teg ls. i heard they make aftermarket oil pan gaskets that have metal in them by the hole for the bolts so it doesnt push out when u tighten it up. i dont wanna put the dealer plain gasket or the felpro gasket which is the same as dealer. anyone know a web site i can get 1?
Old 12-07-2007, 05:33 PM
Spec R

Originally Posted by JKAE
i have to change my oil pan gasket again!!! i changed it about 2 years ago and the gasket is leaking again. i have a 2000 teg ls. i heard they make aftermarket oil pan gaskets that have metal in them by the hole for the bolts so it doesnt push out when u tighten it up. i dont wanna put the dealer plain gasket or the felpro gasket which is the same as dealer. anyone know a web site i can get 1?

i got mine locally from BMAparts. they have a website though.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:02 AM
Lynxs1981

I have replaced mine twice so far this year. Still looking for something good. I've heard the ROL makes a good gaskets for that. That is the next one I'm trying. At least it's easy to change!
Old 12-13-2007, 11:03 PM
mahilig77

I replaced my 92 Accord using Pelfro almost two years ago and I have not seen a leak yet. Make sure you don't over tighten it.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:33 AM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Originally Posted by JKAE
Are you torquing the nuts to spec and in the right sequence? A light even smear of high temp silicone helps secure it as well, or honda bond if you prefer. Not sure what you are doing wrong, but if replaced correctly with the right part you should be good to go. I have an OEM gasket & honda bond in my garage. I am keeping it for when my GSR does spring a leak, however, 102k and still leak free on the original gasket. (Knock on wood), point being...if it is done right w/the right part, I do not see why you would be changing it out so frequently.

Last edited by ADRONICUS; 01-04-2008 at 09:35 AM.