Notices

Removing Tint How to

Old 03-19-2007, 08:32 AM
Topend
scooted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Tint How to

so i definately want to lighten up the tint on my car. I really don't want to pay the tint shop to remove my old tint AND put on the new so how can i remove the tint? Was thinking about a hair dryer and a razor blade. Mabye some water in a spray bottle too? I grabbin for straws here. Can anyone advise?
Old 03-19-2007, 11:55 AM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

You just have to get a run in it and start peeling. Then moisten the surface really well w/windex and scrape the glue off with a sharp razor blade. At least that is how I did mine at one time. No need to be too neat since your throwing the shit away.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:03 PM
andrizzleyo

Yes, just peel 'er off. Im going to be taking mine off in the spring and thats what I plan on doing. As long as you arent doing any damage to the window itself I dont think it matters how you get it off.

Good luck,
Old 03-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Topend
scooted

Originally Posted by andrizzleyo
Yes, just peel 'er off. Im going to be taking mine off in the spring and thats what I plan on doing. As long as you arent doing any damage to the window itself I dont think it matters how you get it off.

Good luck,
Im going to need it. no way im droppin a bill for a tint shop to do it. But, do you think goo gone will work on the glue?
Old 03-19-2007, 01:35 PM
v6_accord_jerz
Stupid Power Ball

Water, blow dryer, etc...... don't work!

What REALLY works is get a $2 bottle of ammonia. Spray & peel the film off slowly and once it's all off then spray the glass and scrap the glue off with a blade. Do it in an open area cause the smell is pretty strong. Wipe down with a window cleaner and you're all done.

That's what I did on my driver/passenger windows on my accord and worked great.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:37 PM
v6_accord_jerz
Stupid Power Ball

Originally Posted by centerforce99
You just have to get a run in it and start peeling. Then moisten the surface really well w/windex and scrape the glue off with a sharp razor blade. At least that is how I did mine at one time. No need to be too neat since your throwing the shit away.
Peeling it off slowly will leave less glue stuck to the window....just ripping it off will be more of a hassle.