Notices

DC Sports vs. Comptech

Old 10-08-2002, 10:22 AM
Shingoblade-GSR
Hellsing Agency

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See my sig; I have the Comptech header and exhaust.

I did a review of these parts awhile ago; the post is somewhere in the archives if you do a search.

From my limited understanding of headers, 4-1 improves top-end while 4-2-1 supposedly helps the middle and lower ranges of the powerband. Comptech's 4-2-1 header oddly enough uses a 2" collector (versus 2.25" as the norm) and from the dyno plots I've seen it makes the most usable power (midrange). However if you're going serious all-motor then a 4-1 header is better off for you anyways (at which point you'd probably be best off paying for a custom hytech header). The Comptech exhaust sounds very nice; my only gripe is the generic looking tip and muffler. It is also in 2.25" piping, and again I think you would want to look at something along the lines of 2.5" for a serious all-motor set-up. But for just bolt-ons and minor engine work, either will do ok.

Just curious, why are you comparing DC sports and Comptech? Most people would get the Comptech over the DC sports in a heartbeat if money was not an issue. Comptech is considerably overpriced but you get what you pay for in terms of quality. Do a search for "cracked DC headers" and I'll guarantee you'll find something.

Shingo
Old 10-08-2002, 10:38 AM
v-teg01
Candy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yo man if you can have trust in me go with the dc sports header.
you will deffinently feel a difference for sure aight

peace