Notices

ITR Headers

Old 01-28-2007, 04:38 PM
CrJenkins13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITR Headers

I recently bought a GSR with Type R headers, and one of the bolts were cut off, some how, but just the head. So the bolt was still screwed in, and there were no leakes or anything. Now I looked today and it's gone. Not sure if it's in my headers or not, but I'm assuming it's fallen out. I'm not expert but I would think I'd notice if a bolt was in my engine, and probobly mess it up, no? So my question is, 1) can I even drive the car, 2) if I go to a junk yard tomorrow, will any honda headers bolt work? Or specifically integra, or specifically ITR bolt?

Old 01-28-2007, 04:41 PM
dubcac
I

There's no way it could have gone into the engine. Was it the bolt type or just a nut that goes onto a stud from the head? If it was the nut type, check to make sure that the stud isn't broken off inside. If it was the bolt type, check to see if part of the bolt is still inside the head. In either case, you would have to use a bolt extractor kit to remove what's left. Hopefully it just backed itself out. Any bolt/nut for a B-series header will work...LS/B16/GSR/ITR.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:47 PM
CrJenkins13

I believe it's nut and stud. How can I check to see if the stud isnt broken off inside?
Old 01-28-2007, 04:54 PM
dubcac
I

Originally Posted by CrJenkins13
I believe it's nut and stud. How can I check to see if the stud isnt broken off inside?
You should be able to see the stud sticking out past the hole on the header. If not, try looking through the hole and see if it's in there.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:21 PM
CrJenkins13

OK, thanks buddy. I'll check tomorrow. Do I need to worry about anything, especially if I see no bolt what so ever? Ill prolly go to a honda yard tomorrow.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:26 AM
bnuk

I thought an ITR header had a different bolt pattern than a GSR or is that just for the IM?
Old 01-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Snoopy
been there done that

Originally Posted by bnuk
I thought an ITR header had a different bolt pattern than a GSR or is that just for the IM?
only the intake. all b series exhaust flanges are the same.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:44 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally Posted by dubcac
There's no way it could have gone into the engine. Was it the bolt type or just a nut that goes onto a stud from the head? If it was the nut type, check to make sure that the stud isn't broken off inside. If it was the bolt type, check to see if part of the bolt is still inside the head. In either case, you would have to use a bolt extractor kit to remove what's left. Hopefully it just backed itself out. Any bolt/nut for a B-series header will work...LS/B16/GSR/ITR.
:werd:

And it's header not headers as you only have one header for your car.