Notices

gsr pulls forward when starting

Old 11-14-2006, 02:36 PM
huffy06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gsr pulls forward when starting

just replace cclutch/PP and had t put a new input bearing in tranny....drove it for 2 days with no problems.....tried to start it today and it cranks but wont turn over.... try to start in gear and the car starts pulling forward!!!!

i thought that it might be pulling because the clutch is not broke in...like a new clutch in a sports bike....but idk

I checked fuel pump fuse...its good.....so i removed the return hose from the FPR and a little bit of gas came out then stopped....idk how much is supposed to pour out, but it wasnt alot

any ideas would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Old 11-14-2006, 02:38 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm going to go with you probably have a clutch issue. Maybe the pressure plate wasn't tightened up enough and has worked its way loose so now you can't engage the clutch.

It could also be that your slave cylinder is bad and not engaging the pressure plate or that the slave cylinder needs to be bled, needs fluid, or you have a clutch fluid leak.

These are simple checks and where I would start.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:41 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

The pedal could also need adjusting. If it is engaging too close to the floor, the clutch disk isn't disengaging from the flywheel causing it to lurch when you attempt to start it.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:43 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Ya, but I usually don't point people to the pedal adjustment. I know that I never had to touch that when I had my Civic through something like four clutches from stock to XTR6. You really wouldn't get much adjustment out of that bolt either... at least from what I saw. I could very well be wrong though.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:51 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

I had to do it on mine when I went from stock to the HDSS. It was engaging at the floor and I had to adjust it a good amount to get it at stock pedal engagement.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:04 PM
huffy06

hmmm... but would the Pressureplate not disengaging cause the car not to start? It should at least start in neutral......right?
Old 11-14-2006, 05:13 PM
t3t4delsol

did you mess arround with your throdle control? if there is not enough deflection in the cable you car will more forwards
Old 11-14-2006, 05:15 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

No, but I don't necessarily think that the two issues are related. If you're 100% sure it's in neutral and it's not starting then they might not have anything to do with the clutch.

Does it crank at all when you have it in neutral and are trying to start it?
Old 11-14-2006, 05:16 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Originally Posted by t3t4delsol
did you mess arround with your throdle control? if there is not enough deflection in the cable you car will more forwards
Huh? If the clutch pedal is pressed, it shouldn't move at all for any other reason other than something wrong within the clutch system: pedal, fluid, slave, fork, pressure plate.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:15 PM
huffy06

yea its not the throttle control.......

No, but I don't necessarily think that the two issues are related. If you're 100% sure it's in neutral and it's not starting then they might not have anything to do with the clutch.

Does it crank at all when you have it in neutral and are trying to start it?

yes it cranks in neutral but wont fire up.....just no lurching forward.

Put it in gear, same problem but it lurches forward as if the clutch grabs in sync with the motor cranking....

Fuel pump is fine....has good spark.....what else could it be?