Notices

Turbo kit from eBay?

Old 10-04-2006, 07:42 AM
OssiR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo kit from eBay?

Hi again guys! I would really appreciate if someone could help me with this.. I first searched for headlights from eBay end found a nice pair which Iīm now going to order.. Then I looked what else does the same store sell there to make maybe a bit larger order, and I found a turbo kit which really interests me.. But the question is: Firstable, there are three different prices for the same kit (?) ,at least the text is the same in everyone. "Buy it now"-prices are 599,99$, 799,99$, and 890,99$... Almost 300$ variation between the three of them, whatīs the difference? Hereīs a link to the cheapest one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CIVIC...1487QQtcZphoto Of course I should first ask it from the seller, but I thought to ask also in here if some of you knows or has experience of these.. My car is a 4dr Integraī90 which has B16A engine from Japan, maybe -93 model.. (160/170hp). Those kits should fit this engine if I understood right?
Second question: Is this "price level" normal in U.S, because for me (Iīm from Finland) it seems again quite cheap.. Are these products some chinese copies of quality products and wonīt last long in use or are these really good stuff? The seller (AutoDynasty) have had at least very much positive feedbacks in eBay.. The other thing which I also wondered was that how for example headers for Integra can cost only 24,95$ and catalytic converter something like 9,95$???.. In Finland a new one would be something like 400$ at least. Iīm so unlucky that I didnīt born to U.S! But if some of you can tell something about these, so I could do an order and know that I ainīt gonna get total crap or something like that..
Old 10-04-2006, 11:16 AM
GSRRacer95
Fight On!

Do not buy an EBAY turbo setup. You will hate yourself later. Do some research and piece one together like some of the other members have done.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:51 PM
OssiR

Ok, thatīs the kind of answer I already expected.. I did some search and found a few topics about the same issue from earlier times. But it seems that there are always people on behalf and against.. Now Iīd like to hear the real stories from people who have experiences of their own..!!! Of course I understand, that better known products are more appreciated, but cheap isnīt always the worse as some may think, especially people who have money to do whatever they want and so on... I donīt for example care if my intake kit is AEM or some cheap product, IF they work like the same, without differences. To save money is a good thing at least for me, in a case when you donīt have spare on quality.. If I decide to order this kind of kit, I will have no interest in sending it back because of a bad quality or what ever, then itīs only a loss for me and thatīs it. At least I can try to sell some of the parts forward then... But isnīt it so that for example Greddy dump valve is quite known product? And Garrett turbochargers? Those include on that kit.. For example headers didnīt have any mark on it, and people have had mostly problems with those, I think? It sounds that some of it might be good and some bad.. Iīd like to have enough reliable information before I do anything! I wonder the amount of positive feedback that the seller has, it canīt all be crap then? Please, tell me if you know!
Old 10-04-2006, 02:57 PM
GSRRacer95
Fight On!

If you look closely at the picture of the blow off valve, It doesn't say Greddy on it anywhere. The Real Greedy Type RS Valve is stamped with the Greddy name on it. This leads me too believe that the one in the kit is fake. Trust me, not worth the headache.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:00 PM
t3t4delsol

homemadeturbo.com make your own for the same price, and use products that will actually hold up after time
Old 10-05-2006, 09:34 AM
DC2

That's a mickey mouse manifold which won't last more than a year.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:19 AM
SP00NFed
FuK JDM

i've seen ebay turbos work pretty good and boost but i wouldn't recommend them to anyone. save your money and do it right. you get what you pay for
Old 10-05-2006, 10:35 AM
9of9

what do you guys think about the greddy 18g turbo kit?
Old 10-08-2006, 01:28 AM
OssiR

Ok... I sent some questions in e-mail to the seller, letīs see what he/she (propably he ) answers.. Cheap might be cheap, I guess...