Notices

ss brake lines

Old 09-25-2006, 10:31 AM
94blueteg
screwed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ss brake lines

a while back i purchased a set of goodrich ss brake lines for my e30 bmw 325iX.....and never got around to putting them on. the car really doesnt need them now because its a daily/winter car for me. i realize this is probably a totally retarded question that noone may know the answer to, but im wondering if i can used these on my teg. the length of the lines themselves really isnt a factor unless theyre too short, but im pretty sure that wont be the case. is there a chance they use the same connecting hardware/threads and will fit in?
Old 09-25-2006, 10:49 AM
2001TEGGSR

Originally Posted by 94blueteg
a while back i purchased a set of goodrich ss brake lines for my e30 bmw 325iX.....and never got around to putting them on. the car really doesnt need them now because its a daily/winter car for me. i realize this is probably a totally retarded question that noone may know the answer to, but im wondering if i can used these on my teg. the length of the lines themselves really isnt a factor unless theyre too short, but im pretty sure that wont be the case. is there a chance they use the same connecting hardware/threads and will fit in?
Not too sure on that one. Did you try comparing them with your integra line fittings? Or mabye if you post a pic of the lines, someone can tell you if they'll work on an integra. I have my car on jackstands with the callipers off, so with a pic I might be able to get you some info.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:02 AM
94blueteg
screwed

na i havent checked them out yet compared to the teg. theyre at home sitting in the trunk of the bmw. i'll check em out this weekend probably, maybe take some quick pictures and put em up. i was just sitting here today looking for brake shit and i realized i already have a set of unopened ss lines.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:21 PM
bbasso

sell those on Craigslist and buy the correct ones for the car, Brakes are rather important.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by bbasso
sell those on Craigslist and buy the correct ones for the car, Brakes are rather important.
I agree. The chances of them fitting and functioning correctly are 9234927458234923482572549 to 1.

And what is your need for stainless steel lines anyway?
Old 09-25-2006, 05:24 PM
Driverman5777

Originally Posted by 94blueteg
na i havent checked them out yet compared to the teg. theyre at home sitting in the trunk of the bmw. i'll check em out this weekend probably, maybe take some quick pictures and put em up. i was just sitting here today looking for brake shit and i realized i already have a set of unopened ss lines.

I have some I can give you for 50 bux... they are new...
Old 09-26-2006, 08:09 AM
SP00NFed
FuK JDM

I just ordered some SS Brake lines, 110$

Originally Posted by Däs Schmoo
And what is your need for stainless steel lines anyway?
making braking a fun thing to do! i actually was told by a Honda Technician i work with that i should get them, he said they make a nice difference for the money. he also recommend that if i was going to do the lines to use Dot 4 or 5.1 fluid instead of normal dot3.

and yes i know the difference between the brake fluids are just boiling points
Old 09-26-2006, 09:16 AM
94blueteg
screwed

one track day told me of my need for them. brake fade is a very scary thing coming into a corner from 110mph. rubber lines tend to expand under pressure, which is increased when the fluid is boiling (like mine was) which is one of the larger factors contributing to brake fade. and yeah, from now on i will be running track specific dot 5 shit, even the best stuff you can pick up at an autoparts store is worthless after about 6 or 7 hot laps. im still going to look into this, as long as the threads that physically connect the line to the caliper and the line to the hard line are the same i dont see why it wouldnt work. theres a good chance they might be different but if they arent im gonna at least see if theyll link up.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:36 AM
SP00NFed
FuK JDM

whatever you do don't use dot 5, make sure its either dot 3,4 or 5.1
Old 09-26-2006, 09:48 AM
94blueteg
screwed

ahh my bad. i got this stuff that my instructor runs in his gsr, thought it was dot 5 or something. its actually dot 3, with a "super high boiling point". Z-rated racing brake fluid. i think i remember him saying it had a bp of 150 degrees higher than typical dot 3 fluids. sounds good to me....