Notices

Suspension Help

Old 08-25-2006, 06:01 PM
TruE320Ridah14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Help

I am new to this forum and I want to lower my car. I lowered other cars that I have had including 95 civic, 99 protege' and recent my 1998 Benz E320. I want to get a street set up that is not going to bounce all over the place. I like my set up on my benz which is H&R's with koni's and a k-mac camber kit. I am looking in to get either gound control with koni's or tein flex coilover kit with edfc. I currently have a 1994 integra GSR sedan. any help would be respected.

Ronnie
Old 08-25-2006, 07:43 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Either one is good. I prefer the Koni Yellow/GC because they are cheaper and are available in custom spring rates. Teins are overpriced and overrated, IMO. Unless you buy one of their high end race suspensions, the Koni/GC setup is better for the money. And the EDFC is the biggest gimmick ever. Is it that hard to get out of the car and adjust it yourself?
Old 08-25-2006, 08:06 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Däs Schmoo
Is it that hard to get out of the car and adjust it yourself?
well you have to think, a person like me who has never seen how they are adjsuted wouldn't know exactly how hard it is to adjust on the fly--

i was wondering what kind of suspension i should get. i want to go coilovers right now but i dont know what to do. i'm thinking next spring i'll get some tiens or maybe cuscos-- i want something with adjustable rates, and preferably for both in and out [which is why i might look at the cuscos]
Old 08-25-2006, 09:48 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by sherwood
well you have to think, a person like me who has never seen how they are adjsuted wouldn't know exactly how hard it is to adjust on the fly--

i was wondering what kind of suspension i should get. i want to go coilovers right now but i dont know what to do. i'm thinking next spring i'll get some tiens or maybe cuscos-- i want something with adjustable rates, and preferably for both in and out [which is why i might look at the cuscos]
You take a knob, stick it on the end of the shock and twist it to desired stiffness. It takes me 30 seconds to adjust mine.

You want rebound and compression adjustment? That is baller right there. You going to autocross or road race that thing? Otherwise, there is no point. Even my setup is waaaaay overkill. Revalved Koni's with a stiff rate spring would be an awesome race setup, though.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:14 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You take a knob, stick it on the end of the shock and twist it to desired stiffness. It takes me 30 seconds to adjust mine.

You want rebound and compression adjustment? That is baller right there. You going to autocross or road race that thing? Otherwise, there is no point. Even my setup is waaaaay overkill. Revalved Koni's with a stiff rate spring would be an awesome race setup, though.
i might h: but who knows. i have to fix minor things first before i do anything and i'm thinking i better call the dealer tommorrow to see whats up with certain parts
Old 08-27-2006, 01:57 PM
TruE320Ridah14

thanks looks like I will be getting gc and koni yellows. I want to get a street set-up so what would be a good spring rate to order?
Old 08-27-2006, 05:12 PM
gsr2k

Originally Posted by TruE320Ridah14
thanks looks like I will be getting gc and koni yellows. I want to get a street set-up so what would be a good spring rate to order?
I think there are a couple of us looking at this setup right now. Maybe we can try to get a group rate to drive the cost down...

Thoughts?
Old 08-27-2006, 05:17 PM
1turbodc2
got boost?

either of your choice's are good i personally have the tein flex kit with the edfc andl its pretty sweet, the one advantage that thel tein's have over the GC is that there is more suspension travel casue it is a full coilover not a sleeve coilover, also both are available in custom sring rates, my good buddy schmoo has the gc/koni set up and his car is bad ass!
Old 08-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by GSSR
either of your choice's are good i personally have the tein flex kit with the edfc andl its pretty sweet, the one advantage that thel tein's have over the GC is that there is more suspension travel casue it is a full coilover not a sleeve coilover, also both are available in custom sring rates, my good buddy schmoo has the gc/koni set up and his car is bad ass!

The Flex kit is a nice kit, but only if you can get it at the price that you did. h: Otherwise, the list of $1400 is so incredibly overpriced.

I am running 350F, 450R rates on my GC's. If I were to do it again, I would have gone stiffer, but the Koni Yellows can't take much more than 500 lb/ft springs without a revalve.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:35 AM
meangreen96
Integra Owner No. 122,019

The Flex kit is a nice kit, but only if you can get it at the price that you did. h: Otherwise, the list of $1400 is so incredibly overpriced.

I am running 350F, 450R rates on my GC's. If I were to do it again, I would have gone stiffer, but the Koni Yellows can't take much more than 500 lb/ft springs without a revalve.
Where do you live?? I have 380/250 w/AGX and the rear feels sooo stiff. Nice on smooth roads, but here in Saint Louis......more than enough gouged roads and uneven pavement to be unconfortable. I almost would have gone a little stiffer in the front if anything. However it does depend on other suspension modifications....

IMO, after the fact.....I would have gotten the eibach sportlines. Similar rates as my current setup exept the rear has a tender spring built in to help smooth the ride.