Notices

Car Slowed Down!!!

Old 08-17-2006, 05:37 PM
DaGip
4N2Ner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Slowed Down!!!

Well it started about 3 days ago, my car has been running a lil slow in 3rd gear, i stomp on it but through 2000-4000rpm it takes a while for the car to gain speed, around 5000rpm it kicks back in, also a lil slow in 2nd gear, dont know what it is, done a tune up, except for the O2 sensor, does any one have any clue what this might be, i dont want to spend $120 for the O2 sensor if its not the problem, spend almost all of my money on the head and the port & polish, so now im watching out how im spending my money....
Old 08-17-2006, 05:45 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i found the problem

you're in third gear.
:edit:

not to sound like a dick i wanted to add this little blurb of info

the peak torque in our cars doesnt come in until 6k, when you modified your engine you most likely raised this number. so it won't pull as hard in the low end as it used to. no big deal.

also are you driving more now than you were before? these honda engines don't like getting warm, even with the new k-series we can see the horsepower numbers drop 5% after the air induction side of the engine gets up to operating temperature

Last edited by sherwood; 08-17-2006 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:38 PM
DaGip
4N2Ner

are you sure about this man, its the kind of slow when im racing when i put it in 3rd the guy will pass me and there is nothing i can do, even though i was for sure going to beat him, i installed the new cams,valves etc.. 2weeks ago so why is it doing it now, and yes you are correct, i do drive it more then before and yes its as soon as the engine warms up a bit that the slow gears start to happen, i trully think that it might be an air problem or fuel, can anyone else say that it isnt, cause its not as fun as before when driving it, i put it in 1st whenever i come to an complete stop, usually just put it in 2nd and drive it comfortably, but now have to go 1, then 2... no longer able to put it into 2 cause it takes too long for the car to get up to speed....
Old 08-17-2006, 07:17 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it sounds like something went wrong then. something happened there.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:56 PM
DaGip
4N2Ner

also my CEL goes on when ever i push it, or race, what could be the cause. diagnostic mashines dont work "error" appears when trying to link, could be cause of the JDM engine,please can any one give me an answer....
Old 08-17-2006, 08:09 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by DaGip
also my CEL goes on when ever i push it, or race, what could be the cause. diagnostic mashines dont work "error" appears when trying to link, could be cause of the JDM engine,please can any one give me an answer....
The engine won't make a difference, but the ECU will.

What ECU are you running, anyway?

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 08-17-2006, 11:12 PM
DaGip
4N2Ner

its the P73 ECU ODB2 can you answer my question though Dave, so you can save me some money...
Old 08-18-2006, 02:56 AM
ninohonda

Have u recently tuned you added quite a few items to ur car. If u havnt that's what u probly need, just so u don't feel bad every one always takes me in third gear 2.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:16 AM
fastback

Third gear should be very strong in the G3, especially if you are shifting at redline. After you had all your stuff installed, did you take it to a dyno and have it properly tuned? Checked your clutch recently? Fluids are all fine? Check your timing?
Old 08-18-2006, 02:47 PM
DaGip
4N2Ner

yea got it tuned, fluids are all ok, my new CAI filter got dirty preety fast, like in 2months, could it be the Air filter, this happened a while back but not as bad as now, is the air filter to blame, was thinking of maybe putting in some Fuel treatment or injector cleaner to see if that will help, so has anyone else esperienced this problem... P.S. my engine is drinking too much about half an tank in a day or so... full tank is enough for about 3 days....

Last edited by DaGip; 08-18-2006 at 09:55 PM.