Notices

Turbo with Nitrous

Old 09-26-2002, 10:33 AM
IntegraFreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo with Nitrous

Something I always wondered, to some it might be a stupid question but, here goes,

I'd like to get turbo, but I also like nitrous,
Can you run a wet nitrous kit (for example, the wet kit from NX)
and later on supercharge and turbo the car, if so, an you use both? What are the limitations to this setup?
Old 09-26-2002, 10:38 AM
dubcac
I

Yes you can, however a dry setup or direct port if you want wet is better. Most people run just a 25-50 shot dry to cool the intake charge when turbo or sc. If you are spraying for power with turbo/sc, you better have a built motor and lots and lots of tuning...then you'll need direct port. As far as a single fogger wet, not a good idea. I know on the JRSC the fuel has a bad effect on the blower blades, not to mention that the fuel can ignite in the intake pipe.
Old 09-26-2002, 12:37 PM
dark_rex

if you're conservative you should be fine running nitrous notirous and turbos are a great combination, as the N2 further cools the charge. in an N/A engine, it's a big riskier given the higher compression, but in somehting like the skylines of japan, the low compression allows for easy F/I, and also Nitrous. many WRX owners are running larger IHI turbos and wet kits with fantasic results, while also claiming that it is very safe. no adverse A/F numbers, EGT's are staying low, etc.

the limitations is the same for both options. the more boost, the less of a shot you can run.(and visa versa) becasue they are the same effective mod, (cooled, compressed intake charge) the engine still has a fixed limit for boost. both aproach the limit in a similar manner.

dR