Notices

Spitting too much fuel??

Old 06-29-2006, 03:37 AM
Chanratha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spitting too much fuel??

After buying aftermarket bolt on parts my LS, I've been having problems starting the car. It seems like it is spitting out way too much fuel. Sometimes the car starts like its brand new and sometimes it don't start at all. When it don't start, I have to remove the spark plugs and wipe off all the fuel. I cannon figure out why it is doing this... could it be that the bolt on mods changed something to where I need to adjust air/fuel ratio?

BTW: I have intake/exhaust manifolds, cold air intake, fuel rail, and bigger exhaust piping.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:05 AM
v6_accord_jerz
Stupid Power Ball

Originally Posted by Chanratha
BTW: I have intake/exhaust manifolds, cold air intake, fuel rail, and bigger exhaust piping.
could be your fuel rail....why did you change that in the first place? the stock one is fine for the bolt ons you mentioned....if your gonna boost then yea you'll change ur fuel rail, get colder plugs, higher injectors, and FPR......but for a intake/exhaust...put back your old rail and see what happens.....if you gotta wipe off your plugs with fuel, then your plugs aren't able to burn the fuel fast enough its gettin too much
Old 06-29-2006, 12:54 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

A few weeks ago, I think we told you that the aftermarket was not needed at your level of modification. I'll be that the aftermarket fuel rail is the major determinant in why you are running so rich.

Re-install your stock fuel rail, reset your ECU and you should be fine.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 06-29-2006, 08:05 PM
Chanratha

Re-install your stock fuel rail, reset your ECU and you should be fine.[/quote]

How do you reset the ECU?

The stock fuel rail don't fit too well with the aftermarket intake manifold. The fuel rail came with the manifold. So you guys don't think that a FPR will solve this problem?

Last edited by Chanratha; 06-29-2006 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:17 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by Chanratha
How do you reset the ECU?

The stock fuel rail don't fit too well with the aftermarket intake manifold. The fuel rail came with the manifold. So you guys don't think that a FPR will solve this problem?
RE: ECU Reset
https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...92&postcount=4

Please use our search engine.
I found that post in less than 20 seconds.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 06-30-2006, 07:43 AM
Chanratha

How do I adjust air/fuel ratio?
Old 06-30-2006, 12:29 PM
v6_accord_jerz
Stupid Power Ball

Your gonna need a fuel managment system ~~~~HONDATA......but like i said before your mods are in the baby stage still, you aren't even close to being some wat moderate with mods........i don't understand why the stock rail doesn't fit, wat manifold did you get?.....if you want your car running fine again you gotta figure a way to get the stock rail back in....my 2 cents, good luck
Old 06-30-2006, 01:37 PM
Chanratha

Ill work on getting the stock rail to fit today and I'll post back, thanks for the inputs.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:03 PM
Chanratha

Okay bad news for me, I switched the fuel rail back to stock and reset the ECU, still have the same problem.

I'm not sure if this is related to this start up problem but my coolant level dies down really fast... where the heck is all the coolant going? I never see any drip of coolant anywhere.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:11 PM
v6_accord_jerz
Stupid Power Ball

do you see white smoke out of your exhaust? if so then your burning coolant that where its goin