Notices

Got Bored Tonight...Installed some T-clamps (Juicy Pics Inside)

Old 06-28-2006, 10:46 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got Bored Tonight...Installed some T-clamps (Juicy Pics Inside)

I got my new T-clamps from ATP turbo in the mail today and decided to install them. It was actually more of a bitch of a job than I had invisioned. I had to get the front bumper off in order to get to the clamps holding the pipes to the intercooler. I took advantage of this and touched up the paint on the intercooler since it had chipped a little from road debris.

The T-clamps are way better than the screw clamps I was running before because they get really, really tight...tight enough to crush the aluminum piping. It will be a cold day in hell when my intercooler pipes blow off again (it has happened to me several times).

BTW, if you order any turbo stuff, ATP turbo has awesome customer service. They had a glitch that didn't register my order, so I emailed them after a week and a half of not hearing from them and they overnighted the clamps to me immediately.

Before:

After:

She's naked:

More misc pics:

Old 06-29-2006, 08:17 AM
1turbodc2
got boost?

looks good! i don't think u will blow off charge pipes anymore, 14 psi here u come!
Old 06-29-2006, 09:38 AM
FooD2000
Still Water

ATP turbo, so far i've ordered alot of misc parts and everything has been a-okay.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:37 AM
DaGip
4N2Ner

Damn i wish my garage was as big as yours man, mine has only space to store it, too small for actual work, keep the boost goin man' :driving:
Old 06-29-2006, 08:07 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by DaGip
Damn i wish my garage was as big as yours man, mine has only space to store it, too small for actual work, keep the boost goin man' :driving:
That's only half of it. I couldn't imagine doing work outside the garage. I like to keep what I am doing private from the neighbors. You really can't trust anyone.

So far so good on the clamps. I don't know if they were worth the extra $$$, but they look pretty cool and I won't have to worry about intercooler pipes blowing off ever again.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:30 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Fuck dude, them shits look cranked!!! They are definitely not going anywhere. Any chance they are too tight and may tear into the rubber?
Old 06-29-2006, 09:15 PM
rugsr
How do my taillights look

i was thinking of getting tclamps but they are $$$$$$$$
Insted i had welds put on the ends of the pipes and my clamps infront of them. Havent blown off yet.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:30 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by centerforce99
Fuck dude, them shits look cranked!!! They are definitely not going anywhere. Any chance they are too tight and may tear into the rubber?
That is what I am concerned about. The coupling on the hot side of the intercooler was pretty cracked, so I have a feeling I might have to replace that one relatively soon. Luckily, the new clamps are a little wider than the screw clamps, so they are covering the cracks, so they could possibly have a good amount of life left in them.

Originally Posted by rugsr
i was thinking of getting tclamps but they are $$$$$$$$
Insted i had welds put on the ends of the pipes and my clamps infront of them. Havent blown off yet.
Yep. At $3.75 a pop, they aren't cheap. All my piping has a beaded edge, but that never stopped a loose coupling from blowing off at high boost.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:31 PM
94blueteg
screwed

how come theyre so expensive?
Old 06-29-2006, 09:35 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by 94blueteg
how come theyre so expensive?
I have no idea, but any high boost setup will need them because the screw clamps will not hold those pipes together. Ideally, you would want as few couplings as possible, but that would require a lot of welding with the piping already installed on the car.