Notices

HELP 1.8L integra Guys

Old 06-17-2006, 10:07 PM
91pos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP 1.8L integra Guys

I have problem I am trying to remidy. The rotor I put on my car during a tune up, a borg warner, apparently had a different depth thread hole than the original, I put the original screw in it not thinking twice, but it ended up falling out 2 weeks later, on the freeway, and leaving my rotor spinning. I replaced the distributor eventually after findung the distributor reluctor smashed from the original screw. Now I hear just a gear spinning. There is no crank over. I checked, and the belts are moving as well as the rotor. So I don't understand what is wrong. here. It has no compression. I called a mechanic friend of mine before taking iothome with the reluctor all scewded up. I fear he may have gave me false hope that it would be okay to drive, and now I bent my valves? Any experience or knowledge is appreciated.
Thanks, Dan
Old 06-18-2006, 07:30 AM
91pos

Also, I checked the timing and it is definetely off. The belt must have slipped when it was running poorly on the way home due to the reluctor problem.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:46 AM
g290ls
they call me tater salad

if you bent the valves your better off just replacing the whole motor, i seized a piston due to oil compression loss, the only real sureway to tell is take her apart and see what really happened, but i would say save them pennies, your going to need them