Notices

Shifting problems

Old 06-12-2006, 09:14 AM
hachacker5024

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shifting problems

i have a 93' GS 5spd everytime when i try to shift into anothre gear it wont go into gear it goes into netural then stops when going into the other gear and i have to plly really hard almost feels like when you try to go from 5th to R and it stops you. i have no idea what it could be.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:48 AM
blowinbyyou04
GS-R

hnoes: My car is having almost the exact same problem, and i have no clue what it is. Myne wont go into gear at all when the car is running.. but when i start it in gear it just jumps fowards and stalls? Somebody told me i might have the makings of a bad tranny, if that is the case im going to be pissed cuz i just got my car! So looks like we are in pretty much the same hole here.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:36 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

OP ...

i need more details...

-is it a grinding noise... or is it just 100% locked out of the gear your attempting to go into...
-have you attempted rev-matching to get into gear? (w/o using clutch) if you can not even manage to do that, then it's possible that it's the tranny

"blowinbyyou04"
.... your problem sounds more clutch related... has your clutch been recently replaced, or are you still running on your original?
Old 06-12-2006, 02:58 PM
samatronz_182
idiot.

i know when I first got my truck, it wouldnt shift into 1st because a "shift fork" was broken. It was still under warranty so I made them fix it. I was pissed because when I bought the truck I made them fix a tear in the seat so when they fixed it and delivered it back to the dealership the guy delivering it apparently didnt know how to drive stick and broke it. Is it all the gears or just some???? If the tranny was going out, wouldnt the RPMS shoot up hella high?
Old 06-12-2006, 04:19 PM
blowinbyyou04
GS-R

Originally Posted by tegbooster
"blowinbyyou04"
.... your problem sounds more clutch related... has your clutch been recently replaced, or are you still running on your original?

I have no idea the last time it was replaced im sure it has been a while. It didnt feel very strong when i first drove it. I tried to start it again today with ebrake on and in gear and it makes some weird sound like the rpms wont stop. It not that they are rising to high RPMs but it would go if i wanted it to. But when i shut it off its like the shifter is stuck in 1st? And i have to pull pretty hard to get it out.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:47 PM
samatronz_182
idiot.

clutch going out?
Old 06-12-2006, 07:33 PM
hachacker5024

the clutch still grabs good and perivously just had it adjusted to see if that was the problem. im going to try changing hte gear oil and am also putting new shift linkage in to see if it helps at all

and no it dosnet grind it just feels like its a lockout but if u pull hard enough it will go and not grind at all
Old 06-12-2006, 10:44 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

I had the same problem with mine when a piece of the pressure plate broke off getting lodged somewhere. It would grab fine, but would grind every gear. Getting it in and out of gear was also a pain.

It happened to this guy too: http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/1634882. There are some good pics in there.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:48 PM
JDM Honda
Honda-Acura

More details needed man..