Notices

stroke

Old 05-22-2006, 01:11 PM
hachacker5024

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stroke

i was thinking about getting my b18a stroked from a 1.8L to a 2.1L the whole process will cost me about 1700.00 to bring to a shop and have it done the only thing is what will be the benefits of getting it stroked to a 2.2 i know i will have better engine response but what will it do for me HP wise. if it will give me only an extra 50-70hp i might as well just save up for a turbo kit and do it that way.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:31 PM
boehmdw97

I would go for the turbo if the block is good. Do a leakdown/ compression test on the block. If it is good, then turbo the hell out of the thing. Forced induction is the best way to get the power up there for the least amount of money. In my opinion though. Honda's run for a long time with 6-10 psi.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:03 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

I wouldn't stroke it...especially a stock motor.

Either do an ls-vtec conversion or boost it. Stroking would be a waste of money for you.
Old 05-25-2006, 05:54 AM
primetime

Originally Posted by Däs Schmoo
I wouldn't stroke it...especially a stock motor.

Either do an ls-vtec conversion or boost it. Stroking would be a waste of money for you.

if you're looking for 60 to 70 hp, boost it!!
Old 05-25-2006, 10:33 AM
96tegls2dr

stroking is a good way to gain some horses and increase displacement, but there are better ways. see our cars have a lousy rod ratio meaning we have a high mean piston speed at our redline. this puts stress on the cylinder walls making them proned to having a rod go through them. a better way to increase displacement is to bore it out. use a aftermarket set of sleeve a that will support a 84-84.5mm bore keeping the stock stroke and also rod length. this will allow you to rev higher than the 8k that youll get with a stroker kit with out risking putting a rod through the cylinder wall. if you want some literature just pm me and ill send you an great write up on this matter. it is at home but i can scan it tomorrow and email over to you. it will really help you understand what im talking about and also give you some insight as to faults of these motors.