Notices

a very sad end to an all to short story..

Old 04-17-2006, 09:35 PM
auslander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tgansert
So if you don't like my decision: Go ahead and do an amatuer job on your trans every few months. Bust open your own knuckles and put out for the parts every time. I don't know about you, but I drive hard and I expect this trans to hold up only for about a year or a year and a half. To get this entire job done again in 18 months for exactly $0 is fantastic in my opinion. So go ahead, spend two grand over the course of three years trying to get your car right; mine already is.

Every motor, trans, and drivetrain portion of my car was engineered by Honda for a Honda SiR-G... ...and now, both the trans and motor/axles are under warantee for 3 years and another 22 months, respectively. Can you say that about your P.O.S., auslander?

Or will you be sliding underneath it again in 3 months? :lmfao:
So which is it? Did you spend the money to get the correct trans for your motor so it will hold up, or did you spend the money for the warranty so when you f this one up you get a free one? Personally I think you just wanted to be able to say that your trans is JDM, since everyone knows that USDM sucks, but thats just me.

The thing about warranties is that they only cover defects in materials and workmanship. When you frag this trans because of doing something stupid, don't be suprised when you have to pay for it all over again. If it's built right and not abused, a warranty is never used. If I wanted a warranty, I'd go buy a RSX.

FYI, I know how to drive and shift so I've never screwed up a trans, being ASE certified means my "amatuer job" is just as good as your warranty job, and the only parts I expect to get less than 18 months out of are filters, oil, and tires. I'm sure I'll be under my "P.O.S." quite a few times in the next 3 months, but the thing you don't get is that more than likely, it will be to make it faster, not so I can get to work the next day.

It's your money, your choice what to do with it. I hope for your sake that nothing else goes wrong since you already had to take out one loan.

BTW, heres my two "P.O.S.", judge for yourself....

Old 04-17-2006, 10:53 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

Originally Posted by auslander

holy shit what wax do you use?
Old 04-18-2006, 05:08 AM
SP00NFed
FuK JDM

learn how to drive and not beat on your tranny maybe
Old 04-18-2006, 11:52 AM
tgansert
is all good

I'll drive how I please, thank you. And being ASE certified means you passed a few tests... greeeaaat... Experience and skill go much much further than a piece of toilet paper with the letters ASE on them. Every teenager coming out of vocational/technical school is ASE certified.

...and that's a very shiny POS you have there. BTW: Trying to impress your buddy in the passenger seat only slows you down. As does 3 pounds of wax.

And after I frag (I LOVE that word) this trans, it's likely I'll be in a better financial position to replace it.. Currently saving for a wedding (that she insists on spending 18 grand on *twitch*) and a house.

Soon after the wedding I hope to drop a B18C in there and upgrade the trans accordingly... But I'll never abandon my hubcaps and shitty paint. Thieves will never look twice.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:55 AM
tgansert
is all good

I beat the shit out of my motor, my trans, my tires... basically anything to have a great time driving my teg. I do it because that's why I bought it.

Also, what do you guys think of CustomLightz HID kits?
Old 04-18-2006, 12:49 PM
SP00NFed
FuK JDM

Originally Posted by tgansert
I beat the shit out of my motor, my trans, my tires... basically anything to have a great time driving my teg. I do it because that's why I bought it.
why is this a very sad ending then?? this should be expected if you beat the shit out of your car. :slap:
Old 04-18-2006, 12:50 PM
ewood87
Eric Wood

A $40 throwout bearing and 2-3 hours of labor turns into replacing the whole transmission and $1750?! ..I sure am glad I'm not that stupid.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:39 PM
pierced1

yea you might be that smart, but.........ya could take the H off of the VTECH in your avatar......unless thats making fun of phones or something :dunno:
Old 04-18-2006, 02:07 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Alright, this discussion has run its course.

I you want to talk about HID retrofits, search the forum first, then start a new thread if you still have questions.

:closed:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!