Notices

98 integra fan help

Old 11-16-2005, 05:10 PM
myGFsIntegra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 integra fan help

hey guys,

im a jeep guy so i know how annoying these newbie questions are but here goes...

i just replaced the radiator in my gf's 98 integra. i fill 'er up and its running hot...not to red line. the thermostat kicks in before it gets that high i guess. however, i pull into the driveway to re-fill and it's hotter than usual. open the hood and the fans arent running. i THINK i only disconnected 2 places. one on the left fan on top and one on the right fan on top. there was a third connection on the right fan near the bottom, but im not sure if we decided to disconnect that or not. would that connection cause neither fan to work? if anyone can help me out, i'd be glad to give more info...just dont know exactly what you guys would need. my jeep was much easier than this (course i didnt have to put it on stands with the lift)

if anyone can help, please post. thanks guys!

mike
Old 11-17-2005, 03:42 AM
Ninj4r
Acura Nubbins

Putting your phone number out there is kinda silly.. people will reply to you, dun worry...

I know you said you're a jeep guy, but you didn't go into any elaboration as to how in-depth your knowledge of motors and such is..

so basically, a quick layout for you...

www.auto.howstuffworks.com = awesomely informative, decent, well layed out knowledge.

the search button here @ HAN = retarded amounts of articles and just about any question you've needed answered has been.

www.team-integra.net = same, lots of info and help, more cosmeticley involved community it seems though... a lot more people there seem to be worried about what body kit they're going to buy, over what tires will keep them on the road better.. so if you have questions, i'd probably ask them here, but TI's article section has a lotta picture-by-picture instructions...

sort of like this one:
http://www.team-integra.net/sections...?ArticleID=763

it's a radioator install tutorial, which you don't need, but into the article, is obviously instruction on the fan as well...
save's you the effort of lookin' around.. but if it was working fine before you replaced the radiator, chances are it is indeed just a connection your forgetting...

best of luck, welcome to HAN :cheers:
Old 11-17-2005, 05:44 AM
myGFsIntegra

yeah, i know a pretty good deal about engines...at least the basics.

if i were to replace the driver's side fan, how many connections would there be?

thanks
mike
Old 11-17-2005, 07:21 AM
myGFsIntegra

k, i just went out and the fans turn on when i turn the AC on. could it be possible that since the system is not over heating, it just doesnt need the fans since its 40 degrees out?

mike
Old 11-17-2005, 08:45 AM
bnuk

yeah you'll have to run sitting still for at least 15 minutes before they will kick on. always takes longer than you think it will.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:47 AM
myGFsIntegra

k, i'll check it out once its warm, thanks.

mike