Notices

power window/lock problems!! HELP!

Old 09-11-2005, 06:21 PM
tientruong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power window/lock problems!! HELP! *problem Solved*

Hey! i have some problems with my integra, its really wierd. I have a 1996 Intregra LS Special edition, 4 doors.

None of my power windows will roll up or down and my locks will not respond to the master unlock
thing.

These things worked b4 but it died. i use to have to open my door and shut it agian to get the windows to work, but now it does not work at all. i cant even lock the CAr with my alarm system. i think its my driver side door. but i've check and nothing is wrong with it. no disconnected wires.

If anyone can help me. it would be great. thanks

im tired of buring in my car. cause i heard AC waste gas

At first i worked normally
then it worked only if i open the door alll the way then shutted it again
now i doesnt work at all

I've check the fuses under my steering wheel, all of the fuses are in working order.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:52 PM
Patman015
Gold Member

I'm almost certain it's the wiring. Just because no wires are disconnected doesnt mean there isnt anything wrong with them. They could be shorted out, or blocked by something that is holding all the resistance. I would take it to a shop, have them do an electrical check, and see what they diagnose. That's ur best bet, unless u are a tech that knows how to diagnose stuff like this.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:24 PM
tientruong

how much would it cost?
Old 09-14-2005, 04:27 PM
nick10420

it is possible that the problem is in the wiring but it also could be a problem within the master switch. on acura's the master switch controls all the other switches. hence if it's bad nothing else will get a signal. a new switch from the dealer will range from $50-$90... i am actually a certified acura tech at a dealership and had a 2 door teg doin the same thing just last week. if nothing else (givin u know how to remove the door panel) go buy the switch, remove the door panel and plug the new switch in. check if it works. if it doesn't you should have no problem taking it back and you'll know the problem is in the wiring. let me know if it fixes it.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:12 PM
tientruong

But all my window doesnt work, also, the power locks wont work also. so i wouldnt think it has anything to do with the master switch. becasue the passenger side would work with or without it.

ps how much would it cost to have it checked?
Old 09-18-2005, 10:12 PM
tientruong

I fixxed it. something was wrong with the grounding. Thanks for helping everyone
Old 09-20-2005, 02:14 PM
Patman015
Gold Member

Originally Posted by nick10420
it is possible that the problem is in the wiring but it also could be a problem within the master switch. on acura's the master switch controls all the other switches. hence if it's bad nothing else will get a signal. a new switch from the dealer will range from $50-$90... i am actually a certified acura tech at a dealership and had a 2 door teg doin the same thing just last week. if nothing else (givin u know how to remove the door panel) go buy the switch, remove the door panel and plug the new switch in. check if it works. if it doesn't you should have no problem taking it back and you'll know the problem is in the wiring. let me know if it fixes it.
prolly be better to do it yourself. Us techs charge an arm and a leg. of course, if you kno how to pinpoint wiring problems, then it should be no problem for a DIYer.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:50 PM
nishrags

Default Acura 3.5 RL Window problem

Hi:

I have problem with back passenger side window . It does not roll up fully or roll down. What could be the problem ?. Can I fix it myself? If so how?. How do open the door panel of the door ?

Thaks in advance.

Rags
Old 10-17-2005, 10:07 PM
Exadar
Be Quiet and Drive

Originally Posted by nishrags
Hi:

I have problem with back passenger side window . It does not roll up fully or roll down. What could be the problem ?. Can I fix it myself? If so how?. How do open the door panel of the door ?

Thaks in advance.

Rags

Welcome to HAN man, but you should post this in the "other models" forum. they'll know more about RL's than us guys in the Integra forum. Hope you get your answers tho