Notices

luvin my 93

Old 10-12-2005, 10:46 PM
dainspecta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default luvin my 93

I live on a very bumpy road. then again she has 230,000 miles on it. the steering is incredibly loose in the left turn. this and no reverse since may. she still runs ok, a little weak.

a little list of problems for general advise, please comment on one or any or god bless your soul all!

transmission- no reverse
loose steering(as mentioned above)
shakes not due to mounts, pullys look warped
blower moter? no fan.

And cosmetic flaws that will hinder the sale

broken antenna
floorboard stains
slashing seats
fender dent
warn tint
passenger window motor weakened
driverside window jerky and overpowered
driverside door (nob) barely working
corrosion cover ripped, hanging
paint flaws
faulty windshield installation
blown speakers
leaks(oil, steering, brake? not yet established)

the main problem is the transmission which i fear will discourage a potential buyer but it seems fair to say that with the more superficial faults, the overall price has dropped considerably.

what is a fair price?

my mechanical experiance is but none and i dont have the tools. in a year i may have enough to change out the transmission and with that all else.

what are my options? is it fair to say that putting it in the garage till next year will do more harm than good?
Old 10-13-2005, 03:50 AM
Philip_Freda
I want an NSX

Wow! Well, first I would take the car to your nearest Sears Auto, they do a free undercar inspection.. Tell them to check the undercarriage and see if there is a problem with your rack or power sterring. This will save you the headache of looking under there, especially if your not mechanically inclined. you might have a loose inner or outer tie rod end on the left side.

As far as the transmission, you might have to replace it...if you are trying to sell it, I think a fair price would be $500-$1000 , nothing more than that....it needs alot of work....If I were to buy, i'd replace the motor when I bought it, I'm not interested, but if I was, I'd only offer 500 bucks. I think putting it in the garage is just going to make it worse....Start with the free front end check man!
Old 10-13-2005, 05:07 PM
dainspecta

yeah, that is actually the first thing i am going to do and figures i have to replace engine too. the engine is actually in ok shape except for the miles. doesnt burn oil too badly, then again i am using 20w50. sounds like a terrible restoration job. i spent 350 for it in the first place and lost my timing belt shortly thereafter. bummer that i didnt know about that little jewel of info in the first place. but hey im young...
Old 10-17-2005, 11:07 PM
slater442w30
Honda newbie

You should just sell it to me for parts, where are you located?
Old 10-17-2005, 11:53 PM
dainspecta

south of you, whatll you give me for it?