Notices

Turboed GSR?

Old 08-26-2005, 08:31 AM
rugsr
How do my taillights look

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turboed GSR?

hey guys im new here. i plan on going turbo with the gsr, its a 1995 w/ 92k on it, manual. i have another car so this isnt my daily driver but i drive it often. i would be real happy with 300HP and id like to go turbo. MABYE down the road build the motor but for now(over the winter) go turbo. MY QUESTION IS: is there any here w/ a turbo GSR, and what sizes should i be looking for. I see all the stuff on EBAY and hear they crack and what not. I dont mind waiting and getting something better! SO IF POSSIBLE what sizes, intake and export, intercoolrer, size piping, and anything else that would help would be great. BTW i have a SKUNK2 Intake mani and plan on getn a throttle body soon. thanks for the help guys. CYA
Old 08-26-2005, 01:49 PM
TeHJuSTiN
NAM #0001

I smell a "Schmoo" appearance soon.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:27 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Schmoo has a nicely done turbo DC2, and he's quite knowledgeable to boot.
His appearance will be imminent, no doubt.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 08-26-2005, 02:27 PM
1turbodc2
got boost?

i have a turbo gsr, and so does my good buddy shmoo, we are both running greddy trubo kits with the fmic interkooler and we are kicking about 230 whp give or take... but shmoo will give u more of the deatials and FYI my tubro is going in next weekened with the help of shmoo
Old 08-26-2005, 02:28 PM
1turbodc2
got boost?

its SHMOO not SCHMOO hahahaha god get it right lol
Old 08-26-2005, 03:51 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by rugsr
hey guys im new here. i plan on going turbo with the gsr, its a 1995 w/ 92k on it, manual. i have another car so this isnt my daily driver but i drive it often. i would be real happy with 300HP and id like to go turbo. MABYE down the road build the motor but for now(over the winter) go turbo. MY QUESTION IS: is there any here w/ a turbo GSR, and what sizes should i be looking for. I see all the stuff on EBAY and hear they crack and what not. I dont mind waiting and getting something better! SO IF POSSIBLE what sizes, intake and export, intercoolrer, size piping, and anything else that would help would be great. BTW i have a SKUNK2 Intake mani and plan on getn a throttle body soon. thanks for the help guys. CYA
Wow. Quite an entrance I am getting. h:

Anyways, it would be nice to know how much you have to spend on this whole project and how far you want to go into building the engine up.

If you have good knowledge of what is required to piece a kit together and can do some custom fabrication to get all the intercooler piping to fit and the downpipe to line up correctly, that would be your best cost effective method. Otherwise, you should look into a premade kit of some sort like Drag, Revhard, etc.

Your main concern should be in the engine managment and fuel areas. Make sure that you get larger injectors that will support your power goals like 550cc or larger and a competent engine management system like Hondata or a cheaper alternative of Crome or Uberdata.

Sizing of the turbo is also important in how much power you want to make and how quickly you want it to spool.

I suggest you research a bit more into what you want to do about engine and fuel management and what size turbo would be well suited for your application. The rest of the components are trivial at this point in time.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:24 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by GSSR
its SHMOO not SCHMOO hahahaha god get it right lol
Whoops...:reechy:
I blame the error on my German heritage.
IMO, Schmoo sounds more authentic.
Or better yet, Däs Schmoo.

Any takers?

(Back on topic, Dave...Back on topic. h: )

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 08-26-2005, 05:25 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™
Whoops...:reechy:
I blame the error on my German heritage.
IMO, Schmoo sounds more authentic.
Or better yet, Däs Schmoo.

Any takers?

(Back on topic, Dave...Back on topic. h: )
Das Schmoo with that thingy over the a would be cool. :reechy: Maybe, I'll think about the change. h:

But yes, it is prenounced schmoo, but the spelling throws everyone off.

Yes, back on topic.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:50 PM
B18C Turbo

I put together my kit for under $1200 and yes it is all the stuff you see on ebay that supposedly cracks but it doesn't because you hear that BS from other idiots that don't use them so they say it cracks. Take it from someone who actually has the stuff and uses it every single day, not from some bozo who will scare you away from using XS power products. I use XS everything. I have a 1995 GSR with

T3/T04e 57 trim .63 a/r turbine .50 a/r compressor
Stainless steel tig welded equal length turbo manifold
custom made 2.5" d.p w/ flex section
tial style 35mm wastegate
tuner toys oil line kit
SRE intercooler piping
greddy type-s style BOV
OBX fmu 8:1
uberdata basemap
255lph fuel pump
custom FMIC 25x9x2.5"
purosil turbo coupling w/ stainless clamps
Tig welded oil pan w/ return fitting

Currently im running 6 psi boost controlled via the wastegate. You don't need to drop $3000 on a kit, do what I did its the same thing minus the names.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IM000558.JPG (396.4 KB, 52 views)
Old 08-26-2005, 06:48 PM
92teg

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
I put together my kit for under $1200 and yes it is all the stuff you see on ebay that supposedly cracks but it doesn't because you hear that BS from other idiots that don't use them so they say it cracks. Take it from someone who actually has the stuff and uses it every single day, not from some bozo who will scare you away from using XS power products. I use XS everything. I have a 1995 GSR with

T3/T04e 57 trim .63 a/r turbine .50 a/r compressor
Stainless steel tig welded equal length turbo manifold
custom made 2.5" d.p w/ flex section
tial style 35mm wastegate
tuner toys oil line kit
SRE intercooler piping
greddy type-s style BOV
OBX fmu 8:1
uberdata basemap
255lph fuel pump
custom FMIC 25x9x2.5"
purosil turbo coupling w/ stainless clamps
Tig welded oil pan w/ return fitting

Currently im running 6 psi boost controlled via the wastegate. You don't need to drop $3000 on a kit, do what I did its the same thing minus the names.
i have the same manifold, turbo, and wastegate as B18C Turbo and like he said i have had no prob with it. i have Uberdata and a basemap that started with what shmoo gave to me (thanks again shmoo :thumbup: ). so its all in what you want to put down on the stuff, it was alot more then i was thinking it would be so do like shmoo said research research research.. Gl man :thumbup: