Notices

ECU Nightmare

Old 08-16-2005, 10:25 AM
tiggergsr85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU Nightmare

this is the strangest problem i have ever had. i bought a 99 GSR with no motor and put my 94 GSR motor and my OBD1 in it. So i need a OBD2B to OBD1 conversion harness right? seeing how in 99 they switched from OBD2A to OBD2B. So i bought a Skunk2 cov. harness and one of the plugs was in the wrong spot (connector B and connector D). so i went to a local perfomance shop and ordered a new one instead of wasting time on shipping it back and getting a refund blah blah.. went to pick up the new harness and its the same damn one!!!!! the guy at the shop said that all 99's are OBD2B cause they switched over from 98-99 and the only other car he has seen that has an OBD2A all the way through was the Prelude. So anyway he ordered the OBD2A-OBD1 harness for me and said that my car had to of been manufactured late 98 and was sold as a 99. so i checked the door jam stickers and my car was manufactured in May of 99.

Why does my car have an OBD2A harness instead of the OBD2B like it should??? I thought they switched over in 99? this has been the biggest headache in the world....
Old 08-16-2005, 02:19 PM
dubcac
I

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Because they didnt switch to OBD2B in the integra until 2000. 96-99 are all OBD2A. The information you have been given by that shop is wrong.