Notices

Modding under the hood

Old 06-04-2005, 07:16 PM
GSR_boi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modding under the hood

hi. im a newb. i was wondering what i should mod to make my car go lil bit faster? I have a 01 integra gsr. I already got an aem short ram intake, and getting my catback: apexi n1. Also, is apexi vtech controller worth getting? Some people say works great, but if u dont set it right or something then your car will mess up?
Old 06-04-2005, 07:20 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

1. how much do you have to spend?
2. do you want NA or boost?
3. what do you plan to do with the car?
Old 06-04-2005, 07:36 PM
tonysstudio

if i had a dollar for every post like this. Vtec controller not worth getting just yet. next i would look in to buying a header
Old 06-04-2005, 08:18 PM
SP00NFed
FuK JDM

if i were you i'd get a header, and skunk2 intake manifold. The VAFC isn't really necessary and isn't gonna make you faster unless you get your car tuned with it.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:50 PM
denraweb
Hella 3rd-gear VTec yo!

I say h/i/e (Headers Intake Exhaust) cheapest, easiest most effective. Then maybe some Cam Gears, Cam Shafts. After look into bigger bore on your intake mani. Then maybe you can start building it. That's where the money comes in...
Old 06-05-2005, 01:01 PM
GSR-Papi

Get a header and a high flow cat to complete your I/H/C/E system. When I installed my JDM ITR header and a Carsound cat (already hade an AEM Cold air and an Apexi WS exhaust), I dropped a full half second off my quarter mile time. THEN you could get a V-AFC to get on the dyno and tune with to fine tune your a/f ratio and pull some power that way. DON'T get an IM until you at least have cams and pistons, it will kill your low end and midrange power for some real small HP in the upper rpm range, and you'll be slower overall.

Answer :snoopy's: q's and this one for us: Do you want midrange power or high end power?
Then we can help you more.