Notices

will 94-01 greddy turbo ls kit bolt on my 2000 gsr

Old 05-14-2005, 10:50 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will have to call around for tuners to see if they even know what it is, let alone able to tune it.

Check your PM about where to get all the stuff you need for Uberdata.
Old 05-14-2005, 10:51 PM
greengsr2k

shmoo is it true the blue box will fry the rings?
So does vafc 2 suck because im selling it
Old 05-14-2005, 10:56 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

I did have to replace my rings shortly after the turbo install but I don't directly link that to the blue box. It may have attributed to the ring failure but my rings were on their way out since I bought the car.

The VAFC is good for minor mods like cams and stuff. It won't read boost, it isn't fine tunable, doesn't tune igntion timing, and the OBD2 program will learn around it, so it isn't a good thing to use for a boosted setup. A stand alone ECU is the best bet for a boosted OBD2 application.
Old 05-14-2005, 11:28 PM
greengsr2k

How do you know if pistons are fried
Old 05-14-2005, 11:31 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm having doubts on the charge pipe fitting correctly with the S2 intake mani. I had to have mine remade after I changed out to the S2 mani because it changes the location of the TB. From my experience with the 19T kit, the piping is aluminum so you will likely have to have the charge pipe totally redone to fit your intake setup. :happysad:

This is based on actual experience, I might add...

:edit: and unless your buying this kit from some person or a dealer that has a crap load of old stuff setting around, all the new kits come with e-manage. I believe you can upgrade to e-manage for a decent price - this is what I would do. e-manage > blue box like whoa

Last edited by westcoaststyle; 05-14-2005 at 11:34 PM.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:38 AM
greengsr2k

i know witht skunk 2 intake manifold will change the position of throttle body but arent type r's and ls mani's locted in same position as a gsr skunk 2 intake manifold. I currently have a type r 3 inch intake on my 00 gsr and it bolted on fine with the skunk 2 mani.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:34 AM
dubcac
I

Originally Posted by westcoaststyle
I'm having doubts on the charge pipe fitting correctly with the S2 intake mani. I had to have mine remade after I changed out to the S2 mani because it changes the location of the TB. From my experience with the 19T kit, the piping is aluminum so you will likely have to have the charge pipe totally redone to fit your intake setup. :happysad:
Yeah, but he's buying an LS kit for a GSR with a Skunk2 manifold. GSR with skunk2 mani should have the same TB position as an LS/Type R.

As far as the blue box frying rings, it's because it tends to make the car run lean in some instances. I have one friend who cracked a ringland after 1 week of having the kit on.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:41 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Originally Posted by Master Yodub
Yeah, but he's buying an LS kit for a GSR with a Skunk2 manifold. GSR with skunk2 mani should have the same TB position as an LS/Type R.

As far as the blue box frying rings, it's because it tends to make the car run lean in some instances. I have one friend who cracked a ringland after 1 week of having the kit on.
Ah, missed that part. Thanks for the correction. Should work great then. That's a good way to ensure that this kit fits correctly so good thinking. :goodjob:
Old 05-15-2005, 03:28 PM
greengsr2k

Thanks westcoaststyle. Now all im concerned about is a tuning device. Greddy emanage
Old 05-15-2005, 05:18 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

There's plenty of options out there. You don't HAVE to use a greddy product just because it's a greddy turbo kit - fyi.