Notices

Engine Electrical Troubles...

Old 04-17-2005, 08:18 AM
Integral
Nightmare Motorsports

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Electrical Troubles...

This thread is separated off from my iacv cleaning one. After my car was real shakey and felt like I was running on two cylinders(I had codes 72 and 74), today I checked the sparks and they all looked fine, some had some gooey buildup on them that I cleaned off, and replaced them all, and retightened accordingly. It fired right up and there was no shake at idle, and I took it for a test drive, perfect driving, good acceleration, no shaking, good idle... I came back and had my roomate come out and when I started it up this time there was a little shake at idle, and it accelerated better than it had before I did anything, but still a bit shakey. I haven't cleared my ecu yet or re-checked the codes, but I think it helped me to resolve that it is somewhere between the dizzy and sparks im having a problem. So when my g/f gets here we are going to go buy new cap and rotor, plugs and wires. I'll let everyone know how it goes! ;p
Old 04-17-2005, 06:59 PM
Integral
Nightmare Motorsports

Problem fixed, replaced the plugs/wires and reset ecu and its runnin clean as a whistle!
Old 04-17-2005, 07:59 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Good to hear! A basic tuneup works wonders for both performance and gas mileage.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:37 AM
Integral
Nightmare Motorsports

Yes indeed, it sure does.