Notices

Gsr all over the road on breaking???

Old 04-07-2005, 04:14 PM
a_integra_87
Traction, WTF is that?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gsr all over the road on breaking???

Ok, i have a 98 integra GSR, when i bought it it had LS wheels on there, when you would let go of the wheel it would slowely pull to the right, then once you hit the brake holding the wheel it would pull harder to the right. I checked all air pressure and put it all at 32psi. Still same problem. Just today i swapped my rims with my sisters boyfriends 17 niche rims just because i needed better tires to pass inspection. Now when i let go of the wheel on a straight road it goes pretty straight. Once you get up to about 70+mph and gradually hit the brakes the steering wheel shakes like a mofo, and pulls to the right, when you go about 40-50 on a straight road and let go of the wheel and hit the brakes, the wheel will shoot left, then pull right.

Ok, im bringing it into tech tomorrow to get a alignment done, but i dont this thats the problem. Warped rotors????? Also after braking from about 50mph, for about 1 min after in my left wheel i hear a "tick tick tick" it makes the sound with the speed of the wheel....when i swapped rims today i didnt see anything obvious.

Also my brakes only have a couple hundred miles on them. I dont have the box in front of me but i can tell you they are not cheap pads
Old 04-07-2005, 04:58 PM
TegManGS-R
Blake Brown

that tick tick tick is prob. your cv. :shocked: mine did the same thing.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:00 PM
civicandtegra

alinment and cv joints
Old 04-07-2005, 05:46 PM
DaBatThrower

You likely have a warped brake rotor on one of the fronts. Take it to a brake shop and tell them you have a warped rotor... they'll turn them and it should fix your problem.

-DaBat
Old 04-07-2005, 06:05 PM
EvanG23
Kid w/ No Money

I dunno about rotors... The ticking really sounds like it might be CV. You'd probably rather it be rotors... good luck...
Old 04-07-2005, 07:35 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My money's on warped rotors for the pulling. CV joints won't do that only when you brake.

Did you properly break in the new brakes?

CV joints are usually a deep knocking sound and are most noticable at the early stages of failure when turning, not when going straight. I'd focus my attention on the brakes.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:40 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Sounds like a combination of out of whack alignment and warped rotors. Get it aligned and pick up a new set of rotors. A shop cannot fix warped rotors, so you need new ones. I had the same problem, so I replaced all my rotors. I picked up a full set of Brembo blanks off ebay for $120 and couldn't be happier.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:01 AM
Eclypz

I would get an alignment done first and go from there.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:11 AM
a_integra_87
Traction, WTF is that?

Ok, well i have a alighment schedualed for next week, probably wednesday. FREE, so i save money there. If its not that then my next item of purchase are some rotors. Now i see some Bremo Cross drilled rotors for pretty cheap. Are they good?
Old 04-08-2005, 11:29 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

There is no reason to get cross drilled rotors. Get the blanks and they will perform the same if you are just daily driving the car. And usually a third party does a shoddy job crossdrilling the Brembo blanks and they are prone to cracking. Stick with the blanks.