Notices

more boost on turbo integra type r

Old 04-06-2005, 12:18 AM
guessinthe2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default more boost on turbo integra type r

I just got my type r turbo charged with a greddy ls/rs turbokit. The fuel map was modified to fit my integra. Right now I can only boost 5 lbs, since is a type r with high compression. If I run anything higher my engine can blow. I can't run any more lbs of boost unless I get lower compression pistons/rods. Since I'm spending the money to do that, I asked the guys at the shop what else should I do? They said that I should also get a racing block, which will transform my car into a 2.1. They said everything will run me about 4,000. I really want to do that so I can start boosting up and stop worrying about my engine blowing up. What would you guys recommend? And does anyone know who sells this kit (pistons/rods/racing block)? If so, do you know of anyone that sells it for cheap? I've heard JE pistons/rods are the best, so I don't know. Anything helps, thanks!!!
Old 04-12-2005, 09:06 AM
Azcheron
01 PY ITR # 198

first of all that shop doesnt know what the **** they are talking about

the ITR has 10.6:1 compression and you can put down about 10psi on the stock internals safely

my friend has been running 10 psi..... 295whp/190 wtq for over 3 years on stock internals with no problems at all

if you go over 300 whp, or 10psi i would upgrade the pistons, rods, get a block guard and get serious tuning

but 5psi is nothing, you can easily put down 7-8psi if you are worried about 10

the shop probably is just worried because they havent tried it or something

but seriously, im not messin with you, you can run 10psi all day, just dont be stupid and go higher than that

unless your turbine is like a t67 or something huge, up the boost
Old 04-12-2005, 06:02 PM
sensei

The greddy kit should be plenty capable of giving you a bit more power. Invest your money into good engine management, and proper tuning. Once you get to around 300whp (not with the Greddy..), don't expect the car to last forever. Like Azcheron said, I've been running for 3 years this way, but sooner, or later the motor will let go. If you play your cards right, it will be later...
Old 04-12-2005, 08:47 PM
BoostedITR41

get a inline pro head gasket and turn the boost up as long as you have the fuel system to handle it. I have a greddy kit on my car. it will make 300whp on race gas pretty easy on stock internals
Old 04-13-2005, 07:28 AM
guessinthe2000

I'm thinking on getting a power fc (apexi) management system. I heard that the greddy turbo (18g) can hold up to 27 psi. I really want to keep everything safe, since is a type r and I don't want to blow it. Is not like I can just go get a new one for cheap. But I'll for sure do some research on what Azcheron, said about running up to 10 psi. I just went to the shop and I was told that for JE pistons/rods, probably an eagle block resleeved, and labor is going to cost me about 5,000. Does that sound right? They said that they probably will have the block resleeved somewhere in Cali. Do you guys think it would be better (cheaper) for me to go to Cali and get everything done down there? Thanks...
Old 04-13-2005, 01:04 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

Originally Posted by guessinthe2000
I'm thinking on getting a power fc (apexi) management system. I heard that the greddy turbo (18g) can hold up to 27 psi. I really want to keep everything safe, since is a type r and I don't want to blow it. Is not like I can just go get a new one for cheap. But I'll for sure do some research on what Azcheron, said about running up to 10 psi. I just went to the shop and I was told that for JE pistons/rods, probably an eagle block resleeved, and labor is going to cost me about 5,000. Does that sound right? They said that they probably will have the block resleeved somewhere in Cali. Do you guys think it would be better (cheaper) for me to go to Cali and get everything done down there? Thanks...
you can send your block to a few shops and have it done for much cheaper than that.

www.importbuiders.com
www.jerrybuiltracing.com
www.erlperformance.com
www.goldeneaglemfg.com

just to get you started
Old 04-14-2005, 07:38 PM
BoostedITR41

the 18G is good for 420 crank hp. it will be well out of it's range at 27psi. keep it underr 23psi and it will still make power.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:49 AM
Takumi Fujiwara

I think you should get a better engine management system and just have it tuned well with the boost you want to run... there are limitations, but your tuner and his abilities will be able to unleash the power you crave. I want to boost my 11.4:1 compression motor some day... right now, I'm dead broke from building this motor...
Old 05-26-2005, 06:48 PM
CardiffGiantt
Type Arrrhh Pirate

Originally Posted by Takumi Fujiwara
I think you should get a better engine management system and just have it tuned well with the boost you want to run... there are limitations, but your tuner and his abilities will be able to unleash the power you crave. I want to boost my 11.4:1 compression motor some day... right now, I'm dead broke from building this motor...
That would be sick for sure. I've only gone extreme on my compression with the 350 crate in my camaro...but would love to go that extreme on my ITR